LCSC Center for Arts & History is located in the heart of historic downtown Lewiston. Lewiston's arts and culture community continues to blossom and we are proud to be a central focus of these efforts. In a newly restored space, we offer seven distinct, modern gallery spaces - ranging from 187 to 2,000 square feet.
Call for art:
The Center for Arts & History is seeking artists to participate in Common Threads: Folk and Fiber Arts Exhibition. This is a call for artists to submit works to be considered for a juried exhibition which will run January 22 through March 12, 2016. An opening celebration will be held on February 5, featuring a reception and artist demonstrations.
Common Threads will include a juried selection of works from several artists in various mediums from around the Northwest. This exhibit will feature stories behind the works on display, including the artist’s history with the medium and the history of the craft itself.
Each artist may submit from one to five pieces for consideration. All mediums are welcome. Submissions are due no later than January 4 at 5:00 p.m.
- Include a photo of each piece in jpg format, no larger than 1 mg each.
- Include Title of jpg file, Artist Name, title of piece, medium, dimensions, and price.
- Include a brief artist statement and information about the stories behind the pieces. This could include your history with the craft, what inspired you, and the history of the craft itself.
- Group submissions from Organizations and/or Guilds are welcome. Please include the history and details about your Organization and/or Guild.
Send submissions to email@example.com or mail to: LCSC Center for Arts & History 415 Main Street Lewiston, ID 83501
Questions? Contact Kelsey Grafton, Exhibit and Programming Coordinator at the LCSC Center for Arts & History at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (208) 792-2317
- All spaces renovated in 2010
- Air conditioning throughout the building
- Quality, professional, fulltime staff
- Museum quality lighting
- Modern security system
- Gallery Hours: Monday through Saturday, 11am-4pm
- Convenient parking and loading zones
Send us your proposal today!
In order to best represent your work, please be very careful to include all requested materials in your packet.
Your packet should include the following:
- Completed Application Form.
- A one-page cover letter describing the intent and content of your proposed exhibition. For group shows, provide a list of participating artists, including contact information.
- If available, catalogs, invitations, newspaper clippings, etc. from prior shows.
- Artist's statement (not more than one page) about the proposed exhibit. This could include details about the medium, inspiration, or processes used to create the pieces.
- List of proposed programming to accompany and enhance the exhibit. Include topics for presentations or discussions that would bring your work to life.
- Current resume.
- Brief biographical statement (approximately half a page).
- Inventory list of information on your images. See Example. If needed, use this template to get started.
- CD with five to twenty images (depending on the size of your work and the Gallery or Galleries you are choosing to exhibit) of your current work (jpeg files, 1-3 megabytes), which may include detail views. Files must be labeled with your last name, title of piece, media and size, separated by underscore - i.e.: SMITH_ImpressionSunrise_OilonCanvas_35x49inches.
- Choose Gallery or Galleries
- Make sure to review the Proposal Checklist to ensure that all required information is included in your proposal packet.
Please submit hardcopies of all materials above to:
LCSC Center for Arts & History
415 Main Street
Lewiston, ID 83501