HRS April Newsletter
monthly employee newsletter
- Friday, April 1st - April Fool's Day
- Friday, April 22nd - Earth Day
- Wednesday, April 26th - Administrative Professionals Day
LCSC Summer Schedule 2017
LCSC will be implementing a 4½ day workweek effective May 15 through August 11, 2017. Fall semester business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) will begin on Monday August 14, 2017.
College Summer Business Hours Offices are expected to be open:
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- 8 a.m. to noon Friday morning.
- Buildings will be open for employees to work from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Thursday only.
- Buildings will be open for employees to work from 7 a.m. to noon on Friday only.
Employee Work Schedules
- Employees are expected to work 9 hours Monday through Thursday and 4 hours on Friday mornings.
- All office employees are expected to work core hours of 7:30 to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Employees are required to take either a ½ hour or 1 hour lunch break.
- Examples of work schedules are:
7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with ½ hour lunch Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Friday;
7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with 1 hour lunch Monday-Thursday and 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Friday;
7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with ½ hour lunch Monday-Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday;
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with 1 hour lunch Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Friday.
- It is expected that the employee’s schedule, once fixed, will not change from day to day.
- A 10-hour, 4-day workweek is permissible with supervisor’s approval and ensuring that the department remains open on Friday morning. However, a 10-hour day employee must adhere to the above core hours and building schedule (i.e. a 10 hour, 4-day workweek employee would have to work 7 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. with a ½ hour lunch break).
- Supervisors are responsible for designating appropriate work schedules within their department and ensuring offices are staffed during the college’s business hours.
- Memorial Day (Monday), May 29, and the State of Idaho Independence Day observance on July 4, 2017: The college will be closed on both of these holidays. Per State of Idaho regulation, all employees will be paid 8 hours for each of these holidays. Employees record 8 hours on I-time for each holiday. In order to have a 40-hour work week, extra time may be made up on another day that week.
- Office Hours/Building Closures—Exceptions will only be made by the President, Provost, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Employee Work Schedules: Supervisors will request an exception to work schedules by written request to the President, Provost or Vice Presidents who will review requests with the President, Provost or Vice Presidents for approval.
- The flexible, revised schedule for summer 2017 does not apply to those employees deemed essential personnel or to employees in other selected units, to be determined.
- Other exceptions from the official hours require a request to the President, Provost or Vice Presidents with final approval by the President, Provost or Vice Presidents collectively.
- Auxiliary units (e.g. Lewis-ClarkState CollegeCenter for Arts and History) are exempted from these hours.
- The Library will develop a revised Summer Hours Schedule.
- Buildings will not be air conditioned beyond the college’s summer business hours.
Rock the Walk
10 great reasons to start or increase your contributions to the 457 plan
Forms available here: https://www.idahodc.com/tcm/idahodc/static/enrollment_form.pdf?r=1
ideal - idaho college savings program
The state tax deduction limits for contributions into an IDeal account have been increased retroactive to January 1st, 2017. The new deduction is up to $6,000 of contributions for single filers and up to $12,000 for married, filing jointly. We are thrilled for Idaho families who will now be able to keep a bit more money in their pockets while saving.
|Luke Thomas, Moriah Hale
|Ayodeji Arogundade, Jennifer Cromer, Rodney Farrington
|Teresa Nash, Brett Morris
|Justice Stocks, Robert Franklin
|Jacob Hornby, Sherri Braniff
|Michael Love, Tyler Sinner-Graham
|Barb Syska, Jay Kimble
|Cyrus Hall, Jody Neuberger, Lauren Grijalva, Dan Rudolph
|Carrie Kyser, Doris Swinford, Laura Hughes
|Caroline Hatfield, Delta Heath-Simpson
|Julie Magelky, Dana Douthit
|Jeff Zimmerman, Louis Sylvester
|Amy Bond, Allison Beck
Years of state service
|Julie Scoles, Controllers Office
|Michele D'Arcy-Evans, Nursing & Health Sciences
WSA Winner, Quinn Wilson!
"I'd like to nominate Quinn Wilson for the Warrior Service Award. He saved the day for us AGAIN! We were in the process of installing a Pearson VUE update to our testing center computers when "techy-kind-of-things" began to go bad. We called Quinn who immediately came to our aid. He spent about an hour handling the issue and bippity boppity boo we were up and running again. His fast action prevented us from delaying our students from taking their scheduled tests and he also gave us peace of mind knowing that all was well in the computer lab again. Sigh! He's our hero!"