Freshman Home School or Non-accredited High School Graduates
Students who graduate from non-accredited secondary schools or home schools must submit the following. Applicants meeting these criteria are admitted under conditional admission.
- Application for admission and application fee.
One of the following:
- Home school transcript or a description of educational background with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA as well as transcripts from any secondary school attended prior to, or in addition to, home-schooling with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA; or
- Non-accredited high school transcript with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA; or
- GED test results with a standard score of 500 or above (50 or above if tested prior to 2002).
- Official transcripts from any secondary school attended prior to or in addition to home schooling with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Official transcripts from each college or university attended with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Academic applicants: Official ACT (composite at least 14)/SAT (combined critical reading + math score at least 560) scores for academic applicants. Note: The ACT Writing test is not required.
Professional-Technical applicants: Official ACT/SAT/COMPASS results. Note: The ACT Writing test is not required.
- If admitted with conditional standing, the student is subject to the institutional academic standing policies; excepting that the student with conditional standing may change to regular admission status upon satisfactory completion of 14 baccalaureate-level credits, 12 of which must be in four different areas of the general education requirements of LCSC while maintaining a 2.0 GPA. Regular admission status must be attained within three (3) registration periods or the student will be moved to non-degree seeking status, limited to 7 credits and non financial aid; subject to Petition Committee appeal procedures.
- Conditional students, their staff advisor and their faculty advisor will plan a prescriptive curriculum to ensure academic success during their first year. Frequent advising visits and reduced credit loads (12-15) are suggested for conditional students. Conditional students may be required to complete specific placement or assessment examinations prior to entry.