Freshman Professional-Technical Admission Standards
Professional-Technical Degree-Seeking (Applicants with less than 14 transferable semester credits)
Regular Admission All of the following must apply:
1. Proof of high school graduation with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or completion of a GED with a standard score of 50 or above received prior to 1997.
2. An overall 2.0 cumulative GPA from all college transcripts.
3. COMPASS, ACT, or SAT test scores. Test scores will also be used to determine course placement in math, English, reading and program placement.
4. Successful completion of the following established Idaho College Admission Core Standards set by the *Idaho State Board of Education (the following apply to high school graduation years of 1992 – present):
Anatomy, Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geology, Physiology, Physical Science and Zoology. Selected applied science courses may count for up to 2 credits. Must have lab science experience in at least two credits.
*NOTE: A high school credit may only be counted in one category. The Idaho State Department of Education has reviewed and approved specific coursework for college entrance requirements.
Professional-Technical applicants who do not meet all the requirements for regular admission may be admitted to the college on conditional admission status. All conditionally admitted professional-technical students are required to meet with the Professional-Technical Counselor in Career and Advising Services to develop, implement and execute an individualized student learning plan until such time as they achieve regular admission status. Regular admission status entails: completing any required remediation; completing 12 college credits numbered 100 or above; and, attaining a 2.0 cumulative grade point average
• Applicants who are missing more than two semesters in any one category of the Idaho College Admission Core Standards, or a total of five or more classes, will be considered on an individual basis.
• Applicants with less than a 2.0 cumulative GPA, or less than a 500/50 GED will be considered on an individual basis.
• If admitted with conditional standing, the student is subject to the institutional academic standing policies described above.
• Professional-Technical students may be denied based on high school grade point average, GED scores, etc.
Professional-Technical Program Additional Information
• Students should be familiar with the demands of a particular occupation and how that occupation matches individual career interests and goals.
• While admission to LCSC is required, it does not guarantee entrance into a professional-technical program. Students are encouraged to meet with the professional-technical programs representative, or an instructor, to discuss program capacities, career plans, and specific program requirements.