Director: Donna Callahan, MEd
Office: RCH 22
Toll Free: (866)-LCSC-ABE (866-527-2223)
Adult Learning Center provides individuals 16 years of age
and over, who are out of school, the opportunity to further their
academic skills. These skills allow for continued advancement in
family, occupational, and educational activities. The individualized
design allows students to enroll in the program at any time and to
progress at their own rate. While the Adult Learning Center at LCSC is
the primary provider of GED preparation and testing in the region,
academic remediation is available to any out-of-school adult desiring
to brush-up on their skills.
Students of the Adult
Learning Center have the opportunity to:
1. Obtain the basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills
needed to get, keep, or advance in a job.
2. Meet entrance requirements for college.
3. Learn to speak English.
4. Learn to better help children with their school homework.
5. Study to pass the General Educational Development
examination. Subject areas of the GED include writing skills,
social studies, science, literature and the arts, and
6. Earn their High School Equivalency Certificate by
successfully completing the GED requirements and a component of
United States Government.
7. Receive assistance in reaching their academic goals
regardless of their present level of academic achievement.