Community Warrior Volunteer opportunities are available
The LCSC Community Volunteer Center hasa variety of volunteer opportunities available working with various non- profit organizations in the community.
Some positions require a specific time commitment each week, some each month, while others involve helping with special events or working during a weekend. Many positions are indoors but we have a variety of really cool positions with the environment and wildlife.
To see the list of opportunitities or fill out an application, visit www.lcsc.edu/americorps/volunteercenter/home.htm
Opportunities also are listed below.
For more information o the Community Warriors Volunteer Center, contact Jasmine Petersen at 792-2194 or visit her in her office in the Media Services area of the library.
• Idaho Fish & Game - Youth Steelhead Clinic—October 27th from 7am to 2 pm. Fishing gear and boats will be provided. Bring a lunch. Needed: 8-10 volunteers to help youth fish for steelhead. Also looking for a few additional jet boats.
• Idaho Fish & Game - Youth Pheasant Clinic—November 3rd from 7:30 am to 5 pm. Lunch & supplies will be provided. Needed: 8-10 volunteers to help youth ages 12-15 shoot at clay pigeons and live pheasants.
• Idaho Fish & Game - Deer Hunters Check Point--There are 2 check points, 1 in Kooskia and 1 in South Fork. Needed: 2-3 volunteers for each check point. Dates are: Oct 13 & 14, Nov 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, & 20. You will be collecting data on the hunters and biological data on the animals they harvested.
• Haunting at the Fairgrounds Oktoberfest 2007!!! - Date is October 27. Needed: many volunteers to help with the haunted house, paper maze, Bouncing Castle, Alien Cage, Zombie, Electric Chair, Crazy Eater, Front Door Security, & Food Service. This is a fund raiser for Snake River Community Clinic partnered with Red Ribbon Week & both Lewiston & Clarkston Police Departments. Volunteers are also needed to assist with the health fair.
• PJ’S FOR CHILDREN IN TRANSITION - Needed: volunteers to sew 40 sets of pajamas. Very easy pattern, all materials provided except sewing machine. Needs to be done by Christmas! Please contact Arlene Hawk, 743-1396 or Jacqueline Fallon, 509-254-1899.
• YWCA –Scare Away Hunger Food Drive - October 27. Needed: volunteers to help gather food at sites, count and put food away. Will also be able to paint soup bowls for the YWCA Soup Bowl Fund Raiser.
• YWCA –After School Tutoring - Monday –Thursday, 4 pm - 5:30 pm. Needed: volunteers to tutor at risk children (Grades 1-7), with math, reading, snack and craft. Very flexible, choose any day.
• Community Action Food Bank - Needs: volunteers to work front counter 1-4pm once a week. Volunteers needed to pick up daily donations from local stores, work in warehouse, and repackaging food items.
• Lewis Clark Animal Shelter - Needed: 2-3 artistic volunteers to work as a team to design and create a wall to commemorate “Kennel Sponsors.”
• Lewis Clark Valley Literacy Council – Needed: volunteers to put textbooks on tape and 2-3 graphic art volunteers to work with design and layout of materials for recruitment purposes.
Nez Perce County Court Services is sponsoring a Food Drive for Community Action Partnership Food Bank on Saturday, Oct. 27. Needed: 6 volunteers and some vehicles to collect food from houses beginning at 8:30 am and the quitting time is to be determined.
Bell Ringers- Volunteers are needed for the following off-campus volunteer position (13 – 26 people each day!!): November 19 – December 24, Monday – Saturday (not Sunday)
4 hour shifts, 10:00 or 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
• Jack O’ Connor Center at Hells Gate State Park - This is a museum housing the books and specimens collected by writer and Jack O’Connor and his wife Elenor. The Center needs a staff of 20-25 volunteers to man the center 11 am – 3pm Wed & Th, 9 am – 5 pm on Fri & Sat, and 1 pm – 4 pm Sun. With sufficient volunteers hours could be extended. Especially need volunteers on Sunday.
• Parkway Elementary School – Classroom volunteers to help children with reading. Flexible schedule, anytime M-F between 8:30 am – 2:30 pm.
Lewis Clark Early Childhood Education (Head Start) – Urgent!!! Volunteers needed M-F to help in the Lewiston kitchen, hours 8 am – 3 pm & the Clarkston kitchen, hours 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. You may work in shifts of 1, 2, 3, 4 hour shifts if that fits your schedule.
• Lewis Clark Early Childhood Education (Head Start) – Urgent!!! Reception volunteers needed to answer phones, from 11 am – 1 pm. Also need office help from 8 am to 5 pm, M-F. Some duties would be typing, filing, phones, data entry.
• Lewis Clark Early Childhood Education (Head Start) – Fund Raising Crew for annual Auction/Wine Tasting!!! To help plan and coordinate this event, meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month from 5:30 – 7 pm. Also help with solicitations for donations, making labels for mass mailing, publicity, etc.
• Lewis Clark Early Childhood Education (Head Start) – Classroom volunteers needed in Lewiston & Clarkston & surrounding areas M-Th. 3 hour shifts are the best for the children, due to demand they will accept 1 and 2 hour shifts. The hours are approximately 8 am to 4 pm and there is a class that is 7am to 6 pm all week.
• The Habitat Store – Would you like to get some retail experience? Volunteer at the store! Also, Outgoing person to be their Volunteer Coordinator- about 5 hours per week. The store is open from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
Winter Spirit – Volunteers to decorate trees every Saturday from Oct 27 – Nov 17. Locomotive Park Lighting Ceremony, Nov 17, (3:45 – 7pm) – Photographers needed, hang stars, make a sign, bake cookies, help children make ornaments, and pass out cookies. Are you talented and entertaining? 2 spots open for entertainers.
Lewiston Boys & Girls Club – Needed Immediately - basketball coaches. Lewiston, Clarkston, & Lapwai Boys & Girls Clubs M – F, 3 pm – 6 pm volunteers to mentor youth. Will help with activities, homework and have fun. Volunteers to make grilled cheese sandwiches – no clean up, 1 hour per month commitment.