BSN Basic Track Application Process
Applications to the BSN Basic Track are accepted twice annually. The application windows are February 1 - 15th for fall semester entry and September 15th - 30th for spring semester entry.
Admission is based on GPA, entrance testing, and patterns of grades earned in prerequisite coursework. The strongest candidates for our program are those who complete courses on the first attempt with better than average grades. The BSN Basic Track is an upper division program. All general education core and prerequisite coursework must be completed prior to the start of BSN coursework.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher in all college level courses completed
- Science & Math GPA of 2.0 in these courses (This GPA requirement changes to 2.5 in the September 2013 application cycle):
- Anatomy & Physiology plus lab (8 semester credits)
- General, Organic & Biochemistry plus lab (4 semester credits)
- Microbiology plus lab (4 semester credits)
- Statistical methods
- Grade of "C" or higher in all BSN support courses (English 102 (research writing), core level mathematics, anatomy & physiology, general/organic/biochemistry, microbiology, nutrition, pathophysiology, and human genetics).
- Entrance test (TEAS) score of 59% or higher
- Certification as a nursing assistant (C.N.A.) in good standing, or approved equivalency.
- Students who are non-native to the United States and who do not have English as their native or 1st language are required to take the TOEFL or iELTS test prior to application to the BSN program. Details found in the Pre-Program handbook, Language Profiency Guidelines.
Contact your academic advisor for assistance with the application process. The NHS Advising Center (firstname.lastname@example.org)
is available to answer question for prospective students. Students not enrolled at Lewis-Clark State College apply to the college and submit transcripts at least 6 weeks in advance of the BSN application window. Our Frequently Asked Questions
provides answers to common questions.
BSN Basic Track Application
LPN to BSN
Entrance Testing ( TEAS / HOBET )BSN
Student Transfer Policy