Graphic showing a Frequently Asked Questions button


Student Advising Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out who my advisor is? Where can I find my User ID number?

You can find your advisor and your User ID by logging into WarriorWeb and clicking on "What's My User ID" and/or "My Profile and Advising Information"

Am I required to be advised?Advising is a key element for success and is required for all undergraduate students prior to registering for classes each term. An advising hold or block must be removed by your advisor to allow you to register for the semester. Meeting often with your advisor will lead to your ultimate success.

How do I register for classes?

If you are a new student to LCSC Go to the New to LC Students page

If you are a returning student to LCSC Go to the Returning LC Students page

When do I need to see my advisor?

Meet with your advisor at least twice during each semester, once early in the semester to get acquainted   and evaluate your goals and again prior to pre-registration for the next semester.

Consult with your advisor concerning changes in your approved schedule (i.e., add/drop).

Consult with your advisor if you are having academic difficulties.

Consult with your advisor before changing majors, transferring to another college or withdrawing from college.

How do I set up an appointment with my advisor?Schedule appointments early in the semester and be prepared (print out a program evaluation from WarriorWeb and bring along your Student Planning documents). Failure to schedule early or failure to prepare for the appointment may delay your registration process.

What if my advisor is unavailable or we don't see eye to eye?

If your schedule conflicts with your advisor's, try email or phone. If that doesn't work, ask your division office (or for Freshman completing MyTrek, contact Career & Advising Service) to assign you to another advisor by filling out a Program Information Form (PIF).   

If you are having advising issues or concerns, Don't hesitate to contact Career & Advising Services, RCH 110, (208) 792-2313.