We are committed to providing resources and opportunities for life-long learning.
LCSC provides a supportive environment for American Indian students.
The college has over 3500 students and a faculty-to-student ratio of
1:16. LCSC is student-centered and has a strong commitment to
providing for the educational, social, emotional and cultural needs of
its students. On average, LCSC currently enrolls over 180 American
Indian students per academic year.
- Computer Resources - The Pi'amkinwaas offers a computer lab that is
available to students from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
Student can use Dell or Apple desktops and may also checkout laptop
computers with the approval from staff.
- Tutorial Services - Math and English composition tutorial services
are provided to students utilizing the center throughout each academic
- Work-Study Opportunities - The Pi'amkinwaas
office provides work-study opportunities to students that are eligible for work-study services.
- Coordinating Resources - LCSC Pi'amkinwaas coordinates with the LCSC Native American & Minority Student Services Office to ensure American Indian students receive adequate student support services. Support services include assistance with
admissions, financial aid and academic advising.
- American & Minority Student Services Office -
Director Bob Sobotta is the contact person for the academic advising
and providing minority-base scholarships information. Bob can be
reached at 208.792.2812. To access and print scholarship
information, go to:
- Initiatives Development - As part of its service delivery Pi'amkinwaas
also houses grant initiatives which support our Indian population. Two programs currently housed are American Indian Students in the Leadership of Education (AISLE) and American
Indian Students in the Leadership of Education Teacher Project (ATP).
Documents by Date
LATEST NEWS & EVENTS
Northwest Region: Indian Education Summit
Quality Inn, Clarkston, WA
June 28 - July 1, 2010 » Info