The Warrior mentoring program is an alumni-to-student mentoring program supported by the Lewis Clark State College Alumni Association. This program is intended to be a valuable, impactful, and rewarding way to volunteer for Lewis Clark State College. Current Warrior students will be paired with Warrior alumni in a year-long program where alumni have the opportunity to influence their mentee’s personal and professional development. They can develop their partnership through face to face interactions, electronic communication, and telephone communication.
THROUGH THIS PROGRAM STUDENTS CAN POTENTIALLY:
- Obtain information on major and career related experiences
- Expand their knowledge of various career options and gain job/career search advice
- Explore new trends and areas of interest
- Prepare for a smooth transition into their future career
THROUGH THIS PROGRAM MENTORS WILL:
- Share their experiences as a Warrior
- Make a difference in the lives of the next generation of Warrior Alums
- Provide students with a view of life after life at LC
REQUIREMENTS FROM STUDENTS:
- Students must be an undergraduate Junior or Senior
- Submit Application, Resume, and complete a brief informal interview
- Applications will be due by September 15
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- Student applications will be reviewed and matched during late September. Students will be notified of their mentor match during the month of October.
- For our 2013-2014 pilot program, student applications will be reviewed in late December and students will be notified in early January 2014.
- It will be the student’s responsibility to initiate contact with their mentor, and connect via phone, videophone, in person, or in e-mail once per month for 1-2 hours or more during the academic year.
- Warrior Alumni Board Members will be eligible to be mentors
- 2013-2014 participation goal will be 5-8 students
- 2013-2014 pilot program will start in January 2014 & conclude at the end of the semester in May 2014
- Applications will be available online on December 2, 2013.