The meeting was called to order at
Present: Senators Caines, Coleman, Johnson, King, Munguia, Nicholes, Rodgers,
President Martinez, Chief Justice Mosher, Associate Justice Sphuler, Mr. Williams, Mr. Lytle,
Senate Secretary Laura Wilson
Absent: VP Wak Wak
Vice President of Student Affairs: Agenda item will remain until bylaws are amended.
Mr. Williams: *Update on Ron Smith – He is resting at home and has been doing work from home. *In Health Services Amber Henderson is taking another position. Her position will be filled soon.
Brandon Lytle: There is a darts tournament on September 7 at and a pool tournament on September 9 at . Men’s and Women’s basketball league, as well as poker tournaments were discussed.
President Martinez: *He and VP Wak Wak went to
· .Chief Justice Mosher: 2 Justice positions open that they would like to fill as quickly as possible. Please tell people in your classes that you know that might be interested.
· Associate Justice Sphuler: Stop by the office and check out the new furniture.
· Senator Rodgers: Set up a committee to look at the computer proposals/requests.
· Senate Resolution 04-F001, Motion Senator Johnson, Second Senator Nicholes. Discussion Ensued. Vote: Passed Unanimously.
· Senate Bill 04-F005, Motion Senator Johnson, Second Senator Munguia. Discussion ensued. Senator Coleman made a motion to amend the bill to read “up to $1,700.00”. The motion was seconded. Motion carries. Bill passed as amended.
Senate Information Reports:
· President Martinez: The previous bylaw changes have been reviewed and accepted by the Judicial Branch. These amendments will be on the agenda next week.
· Senator Rodgers: Rose Vandervelden as Workstudy – President Martinez explained that Rose has been a Workstudy for the ASLCSC Office for the past two years and upon returning to school this fall found out that she did not receive workstudy funds. She is awaiting the process to see if she will be awarded workstudy money and in the meantime President Martinez has OK’d her to work through September 10th.
· Senator Rodgers: Coeur d’Alene ESC (Executive Standing Committee) will be here on October 14th.
· President Martinez: Legacy Project Press Conference at on Thursday, September 2 near the East Entrance of the SUB. It (Press Conference) will be announcing and explaining the project and the account for donations to be collected for the project. Polly Blasko will be present as well as Margo. President Martinez should have an agenda tomorrow.
· Senator Coleman: Covered Pick-up Area(s) – Funding for one has now turned into funding for three. Locations will be one each on the west, north and east sides of campus. Senator Coleman will call and check on the progress of the project.
· White Dove – Issue of someone parking in the red zone behind the handicap parking spot next to MLH so that the person parked in the handicap parking cannot get out of the handicap parking place. *Announced in class to come to ASLCSC Senate meetings with concerns and issues.
· Pam Laird – As a member of the International Club she offered to represent them at the Senate meetings.
· Brandon Lytle – Part of the new rules to the C & O Policies and Procedures is to have a representative at every C & O Council meeting.
Motion to adjourn Senator Johnson, Second Senator Caines. Meeting Adjourned
Respectfully Submitted by: Laura Wilson