The meeting was called to order at
Present: Senators Bybee, Caines, Johnson, King, Munguia, Nicholes, Racich, Rodgers, Ramirez, Smith
President Martinez, VP Wak Wak, Dr. Smith, Mr. Williams, Mr. Lytle, Senate Secretary Amber Hanes-Miller
Mr. Williams: CBORD Meeting Monday, HealthFair tomorrow from 10-7 in the WCC with over 30 vendors, offers a lot of helpful information. Co-curricular committee meets tomorrow from in SUB 225, proposals have been on the website and you should have had an opportunity to look at them. Reminder of Native American Awareness Week March 7-11, “Pathways to Cultural Resiliency,” schedules are posted around, please mark your calendar for great presentations and workshops including a PowWow.
Brandon Lytle: Starting today discounted green fees
· President Martinez: ISU contacted him in regards to the tuition amendment bill, this is why he distributed the Tribune article and added that Mike Mitchell pointed out that LC students should be proud of themselves and he also gave compliments. ISU student lobbyist let him know that since the bill had passed, the Democratic Caucus is going to meet sometime this week and was wanting to know if someone from LC would want to send someone down there to represent the ASB and students at large as far as making another political push. Dine with Dene tomorrow in the Solarium. Student Fee Meeting 3/3 at , to discuss perceptions of Dine with Dene and any reactions to student involvement on the issues of student fees.
· Vice-President Wak Wak: In your box you should have had breakouts of the budgets for last month. Clubs and Orgs had 3 matching funds distributions. Leadership Development had SBOE costs. Graduation has added costs of gift expenses, the luggage, tv and entertainment center have been purchased at this time. Media Relations has a big decrease with the letter drive and the warrior direct listing. Judicial has made some purchase for the upcoming elections with t-shirts and stickers.
Judicial Communications: Nothing to report
Committee Reports: Senator Johnson reminded Senator Rodgers of the complaint filed against the judicial branch and passed on the ethics committee. The committee will meet on Thursday at .
A time of Friday at was set for the finance committee meeting, Matt Smith asked to serve on that committee.
President Martinez reported that the student sub committee met and hashed out some numbers and Senator Rodgers will be providing you with some information, Senator Rodgers said that he already had last Thursday.
Justice Ferguson has replaced Justice Mosher on the Ways and Means committee as the bylaw amendments that were passed state that the member has to be an associate justice. Meeting was set for next Tuesday
· Senate Bill 05-S045 – Motion to un-table Senator Bybee second Senator Johnson. Untabled. Senator Racich motioned for friendly amendment to bill, which currently reads “funds go to Doc Sears Legacy Memorial Project,” which would change it to simply send the funds to a legacy project at this time until we have a better idea of how the Doc Sears project is going and at that time we can transfer the funds into the Doc Sears account. It will be called a legacy project, the funds will still be available for that but they won’t be tied into that. Second by Senator Smith to amend. 9 yes, 1 no, 0 abstentions. Failed. Discussion ensued. Senator Caines proposed that the last sentence say “the bricks are to be sold with the funds being determined by the legacy project committee.” 10 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions. Amendment passed. Motion Senator Johnson second Senator Caines to pass bill. 10 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions. Bill passed.
· Senate Bill 04-F
· Senate Bill 04-F
Senate Information Reports:
· Two comment cards. “Still looking for more healthy snack options in the vending machines.” and “There are too many comment boxes.”
· Student inquired with VP WakWak as to why we don’t have the disposable toilet seat covers. Ernie reported that they would be installing those again in the near future to see how they go. He said that before when they were on campus they didn’t go over very well because they plug toilets and student were putting trash in the holders.
· President Martinez noted the post card from creative writing left in his mailbox inviting fiction and non-fiction entrants. He would put it on the roundtable.
· Senator Racich motioned for an executive session. Second Senator Johnson. Passed.
Recessed at and reconvened at .
Motion to adjourn Senator Johnson second Senator Racich. Executive Meeting Adjourned
Respectfully Submitted by: Amber Hanes-Miller