The meeting was called to order at
Present: Senators Bahlman, Bybee, Caines, Coleman, Johnson, King, Munguia, Nicholes, Racich, Rodgers,
President Martinez, VP Wak Wak, Chief Justice Mosher, Associate Justice Ferguson, Mr. Smith,
Mr. Williams, Mr. Lytle, Senate Secretary
Audience: Pam Laird, Whitedove
Mr. Williams: *Discussed the continuing saga of the card
swipe situation. You may remember that
two companies bid, Cbord and Diebold. We went through the process and turned in our
results to the State Purchasing Office.
They determined that there were some irregularities in the two bids when
they came in so we did the process again.
The same two companies were the only two to reapply. We reread the applications and submitted our
findings to the State. Cbord was awarded the bid.
Diebold had 10 days to appeal. We
are nearing the end of that time. The
next step will be to have Cboard visit our campus and
set-up the installation process. First
installation will be in Sodexho. We have
already sent them our current ID cards to see if they will work in their system
or if we will need to get new cards. Sodexho will be phase 1, phase two will be
Mr. Smith: Briefly discussed student fees. In a meeting he had recently attended he learned that U of I was looking at what he termed an “outlandish” increase and BSU is expecting a 7-8% increase. He hopes/expects student fees to be a possible topic of discussion at the State Board of Education meeting next week.
Brandon Lytle: Activity updates: Student Programming Board is sponsoring a
Comedian/Magician Christopher Greenamyer on Wednesday
at in the SUB
Solarium. At he will be doing some up-close comedy and
magic tricks in the SUB. Pool tournament at
on Thursday. On Sunday, October
17, Sonics vs Jazz game in
· President Martinez: *The Santa’s Helpers Bylaw amendment has been submitted to the Judicial Branch for review. Given the timeline, it should be on the Senate agenda on October 26. *He briefly discussed the Student Fee Hearing scheduled for Wednesday, November 17, in the Library TCC. *President Martinez noted and read the new procedure for handling money for the Institutional Development Grant. “Expenses will be paid from the divisions’ local accounts, which will be reimbursed at the end of the project and upon receipt of a brief report, with a listing of expenses. Copies of all requisitions, IDGs, and other proof of expenses must be attached.” *Discussed and clarified that at Dine with Dene tomorrow, Wednesday, October 13 members from both the Democratic and Republican parties will be present to discuss their campaign issues and answer questions from the floor. *Legacy Project meeting scheduled for Friday at in SUB 225.
· Vice-President Wak Wak:: Canceled Finance Committee meeting that was scheduled for Friday at due to Legacy Project meeting. Finance Committee will be rescheduled.
· Sean Young, Native American Club President, requested donation of supplies for the Indian Taco sale at the Silent Auction/Dinner for the ASLCSC 2003-2004 Legacy Project on Saturday.
· Ways & Means: Senator Caines requested that the Ways & Means committee meet as soon as possible to look over the proposed bylaws amendments. After brief discussion among the members it was decided to meet following the Roundtable meeting on Thursday, October 14th.
Co-Curricular Committee: VP Wak Wak reported. The
proposals are on-line and she has printed them all off. She has put them in a binder if any of the
committee members are interested in looking at a hard copy.
· Associate Justice Will Ferguson reported that the ruling regarding the Executive Standing Committee (CDA Issue) has been put in everyone’s mail box.
· Senate Resolution 04-F003, Motion to approve Senator Johnson, Second Senator Nicholes. Senator Racich discussed the Resolution. Vote: passed unanimously.
Senate Information Reports:
· Senator Rodgers – Confirmed who was going to attend LCSC Day at NIC on October 28.
· VP Wak Wak: Discussed the Student Affairs meeting on October was canceled. The next meeting will be on October 25 at Senator Johnson will be on that committee.
Motion to adjourn Senator Caines, Second Senator Johnson. Motion carries. Meeting Adjourned
Respectfully Submitted by: Laura Wilson