The meeting was called to order at
Present: Senators Bahlman, Bybee, Caines, Johnson, King, Munguia, Nicholes, Racich, Rodgers,
President Martinez, Associate Justice Will Ferguson, Mr. Smith, Mr. Williams, Mr. Lytle, Senate
Absent: Senator Coleman, VP Wak Wak,
Mr. Williams: *Reported that the Co-curricular Committee met at and discussed requests totaling $91,000 and they had $15,000 to distribute. The letters are going out this afternoon. *The Card Swipe Committee will meet on a regular basis. One of the decisions to be made now is when to implement a new system – now, midterm, or summer. Sodexho is currently without support for the current system and if the system goes down they will be left entering the data manually. This will play a large part in the decision of when to implement the new system.
Ron Smith: Complimented Senator Racich and Pam Laird on their presentations to the State Board last Thursday regarding Student Health Insurance.
Brandon Lytle: Activity announcements: Dream Interpreter tonight in the WCC, Wednesday night Poker Night, Friday night SPB and RHA are sponsoring a Halloween dance at the Red Lion. Alcohol will be available as well as food and other beverages.
· President Martinez: *Requested that everyone complete the Service Learning Survey and return to his mailbox by Thursday. *The next Dine with Dene on November 10th will be in ADM 203 in conjunction with the Non-Traditional Luncheon. Indian Tacos will be served. He will check with Non-Trad. President Packwood to see if lunch is free or not. President Packwood requested that anyone who is a non-traditional student and has a non-trad t-shirt to please wear it to the luncheon. *NWSLC – President Martinez encouraged deciding who was going to the conference soon in order to take advantage of early-bird registration deadlines. *President Martinez and Senator Coleman met with an individual that was here doing the re-accreditation yesterday. *Santa’s Helpers Bylaw Amendment – Discussed withholding this amendment until possibly next spring. He feels it would be too late to implement at this time.
· Senator Rodgers: Received a meeting reminder for Friday at with other marked and asked which committee is meeting Friday at ? President Martinez apologized and said that the Legacy Project Committee would be meeting on Friday at .
· Book Exchange: Senator Bybee reported. The committee met on Friday to get the ball rolling. The policies & procedures were discussed and will be further developed.
· Santa’s Helpers: Senator Rodgers reported. Committee will meet on Wednesday at in the ASB Office.
Commuter Board: President
Martinez asked for any good maps of the
New Business: None
Senate Information Reports:
· Senator Rodgers: *Regarding the trip to CDA for LCSC Day at NIC on Thursday – plan to leave at 7:30 a.m. arriving in CDA at 10:30, lunch at noon and arriving back in Lewiston by 4:30 p.m. *Discussed having a Senate meeting at CDA on November 16. Need to have a quorum at CDA to do so. Must unanimously pass moving the location of the meeting in bill form in order to do so. This would need to be passed by November 2 in order to advertise the change in location as stated in the Bylaws. Senator Rodgers urged the Senators to check their schedules and check with their instructors to decide whether or not they would be able to go to CDA for a Senate meeting on November 16 and be ready to vote on a Bill on November 2. He also expects to have a Bylaw amendment regarding the CDA Executive Standing Committee ready to be voted on at the November 16 Senate meeting.
Senator Nicholes reminded everyone of the Doc Sears Fall Classic
Run/Walk on Saturday at
· Senator Rodgers: LHS Class of 2005 has is asking for donations of merchandise or cash for their graduation party.
· President Martinez: Tate Smith has requested has requested to come and talk to the Senate regarding Radio Club and Professional Technical Preview Day. He will come to the November 11 Roundtable meeting.
Motion to adjourn Senator Nicholes, Second Senator Munguia. Motion Carries. Meeting Adjourned
Respectfully Submitted by: Laura Wilson