The meeting was called to order at
Present: Senators Caines, Coleman, Johnson, King, Munguia, Nicholes, Rodgers,
President Martinez, VP Wak Wak, Mr. Smith, Mr. Williams, Mr. Lytle, Senate Secretary Laura Wilson
Vice President of Student Affairs: Agenda item will be remain until bylaws are amended.
Mr. Williams: *Ron Smith is back at work. *We have a new receptionist in Health Services. Her name is Shawna.
Mr. Lytle: Announced a Pool tournament at on Thursday in the SUB. Basketball Open Gym on September 13 & 14 at Ping Pong tournament on September 14th at . Mr. Williams asked if there were any better ways to get the word out about the activities other than posting flyers, ads in The Pathfinder, and other various media. One suggestion was through instructors that make announcements in class.
President Martinez: *Remember
President’s Social on Thursday. *We have
a Dine with Dene next Wednesday, September 15 at . Please make
time in your schedule at
to come if you can. President Martinez
asked for questions, issues, concerns to be put in his mailbox for the Dine
with Dene event. *Social Science Pizza
event is tomorrow from
to . *President Martinez will be gone on
Thursday. Please give Round Table agenda
items to VP Wak Wak. *Idaho Students for Education Week in October
– President Martinez asked that the Senate really think planning an event for
this week. It would be a show of student
power for ASLCSC and/or for students in
· Vice-President Wak Wak: Gave a budget report. She gave everyone a handout and explained the fluctuation and expenditures in the accounts.
Judicial Communications: None
· Ethics Committee: Senator Caines asked if the Ethics Committee could meet following the current meeting so that a chairperson could be chosen. Everyone on the committee agreed.
· Book Exchange: President Martinez had tentatively set up a meeting for September 23 for himself and the committee members which included: Senator Nicholes, Senator Munguia, and Media Relations Director Twitchell. Senator Nicholes withdrew her name from the committee.
· Student Affairs: Senator Rodgers announced that the Student Affairs Committee would have its first meeting on Monday, September 13 at VP Wak Wak and Senator Caines are on this committee. Senator Caines has a conflict and is unable to attend the Monday meeting time. There were no other volunteers at this time.
· Computer Allocation Committee: Senator Rodgers asked the committee members when a good time would be to meet. They decided to meet on Friday at in the ASLCSC Office.
· Senate Bill 04-F003, Motion to approve Senator Caines, Second Senator Munguia. Vote: 7 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstentions. Bill Passed
· Senate Bill 04-F004, Motion to approve, Senator Johnson, Second Senator Nicholes. Vote: 7 Yes, 0 No, 0 Abstentions. Bill Passed.
· Senate Bill 04-F007, Motion to approve, Senator Coleman, Second Senator King. Discussion ensued. Vote: 0 Yes, 7 No, 0 Abstentions. Bill Failed.
Senate Information Reports:
Senator Coleman: Discussed the
issue of President Martinez not yet being reimbursed for his travel to the
State Boards in
· VP Wak Wak: Encouraged anyone who might have the Monday, slot open to attend the Student Affairs meeting.
· President Martinez: Reopened discussion regarding advertising in the Warrior Spotlight section of the The Pathfinder. There was much discussion with several suggestions from the floor including paying for the ads up until now, and letting President Martinez use his discretion to pay weekly and see how The Pathfinder improves. No decision was made at this time.
Senator Rodgers: An American Red
Cross and LC Service Corps sponsored Blood Drive will be held on Thursday,
September 9 at 3:00 p.m. in the
· Mr. Lytle: SPB is sponsoring a Comedy Show on September 15 at in the SUB Solarium.
· Pam Laird: Discussed the rising costs of books. She handed out a letter and a petition she intended to take to the administration asking them to make it mandatory for instructors to make syllabi, required book lists, required reading, etc. available 14 days prior to to the beginning of the semester. Students would have other alternatives for buying cheaper books or could get heavy reading out of the way.
- Motion to table discussion to until next Senate meeting, Senator Coleman, Second Senators Caines/King
Motion to adjourn Senator Caines Second Senator Johnson. Meeting Adjourned
Respectfully Submitted by: Laura Wilson