AZUSA, Calif. – The Lewis-Clark State College women’s tennis team was defeated by Azusa Pacific University 5-0 on Friday in a match that was cut short due to the hospitalization of LCSC coach Kai Fong (shown left) during the match.
Because of the undisclosed illness, Cougar head coach Mark Bohren and Fong mutually decided on Lewis-Clark State defaulting the No. 1 and No. 3 singles matches to Azusa Pacific.
The NAIA’s No. 3-ranked Azusa Pacific had swept doubles play and was leading 5-of-6 of the singles matches at the time the match was stopped.
The No. 21-ranked Warriors are now 5-8 on the season, and will play their next match against Alberta College on Friday at the LCSC Tennis Center.
1. Sheryl Bon (APU) def. Jamie Chan (LCSC), 6-0, 5-0 (default)
2. Natalie McNall (APU) vs. Katharina Marsela (LCSC), 1-6, 3-2, DNF
3. Casey Wetzig (APU) def. Rilee Moorhead (LCSC), 6-4, 3-0 (default)
4. Emily Ignas (APU) vs. Megan Smedley (LCSC), 6-3, 3-0, DNF
5. Marie Tanaka (APU) vs. Alyson Peck (LCSC), 6-3, 2-0, DNF
6. Leah Hoffee (APU) vs. Elaine Lee (LCSC), 6-3, 3-0, DNF
1. Bon/Wetzig (APU) def. Chan/Peck (LCSC), 8-1
2. Jessalyn Lau/Ignas (APU) def. Moorhead/Smedley (LCSC), 8-2
3. Katy Jelsma/McNall (APU) def. Chelsea Gay/Marsela (LCSC), 8-4