BOISE - The Lewis-Clark State College men's tennis team found the going tough again against NCAA Division I competition as Utah State claimed a 7-0 win over the Warriors on Friday.
Utah State, 3-2 overall, swept every match but No. 2 singles where LCSC's Benjamin Robert won the second set 6-3 after dropping the first set by the same 6-3 score to USU's Sven Poslusny. In the third-set tiebreaker, Poslusny claimed a 10-6 win.
The Warriors, whose first 13 matches are against all levels of NCAA schools, are 1-5 overall.
Utah State 7, Lewis-Clark State 0
1. Jakob Asplund (USU) def. Oliver Sindayigaya (LCSC), 6-1, 6-4
2. Sven Poslusny (USU) def. Benjamin Robert (LCSC), 6-3, 3-6, 10-6
3. Bryan Marchant (USU) def. Cesar Uauy (LCSC), 6-0, 6-1
4. Alex Thatcher (USU) def. Arslan Mermut (LCSC), 6-3, 6-0
5. Amit Maharaj (USU) def. Lincoln Gay (LCSC), 6-1, 6-3
6. Nikita Ryashchenko (USU) def. Tyler Oram (LCSC), 6-3, 6-3
1. Asplund/Marchant (USU) def. Ivan Krijanto/Robert (LCSC), 8-2
2. Poslusny/Maharaj (USU) def. Uauy/Sindayigaya (LCSC), 8-6
3. Ryashchenko/Nate Ballam (USU) def. Jeff Lowdnes/Zhia Hwa Chong (LCSC), 8-0