Winning all three doubles matches by identical 8-5 scores, the Lewis-Clark State College men's tennis team picked up its first win of the season over an NCAA Division I team by defeating Seattle University 5-2 at the LCSC Tennis Center on Friday.
The Warriors, 8-13 overall and ranked NO. 21 in the NAIA, also won four of the six singles matches played. Ivan Krijanto won both his singles and doubles matches at the No. 1 spot for LCSC, while Cesar Uauy, Oliver Sindayigaya, and Zhia Hwa Chong were also double winners for the Warriors.
LCSC will try to make it two straight over NCAA D-I opponents when it takes on Gonzaga at 6 p.m. on Saturday in Spokane.
1) Ivan Krijanto (LCSC) def. Mark Shkrebtan, 6-0 6-2
2) Zhia Hwa Chong (LCSC) def. Simon Meske, 6-1 6-2
3) Alex Montgomery (SU) def. Benjamin Robert, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
4) Oliver Sindayigaya (LCSC) def. Pat Boorkman, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2
5) Cesar Uauy (LCSC) def. Andrew Tran, 6-2 6-1
6) Yusuke Kanehiro (SU) def. Arslan Mermut, 6-2, 3-6, 10-8
7) Jordan Prince (SU) def. Max Eurisch, 6-2
8) Jeff Lowndes (LCSC) def. Kyle Rapp, 6-4
1) Ivan Krijanto- Benjamin Robert (LCSC) def. Mark Shkrebtan- Yusuke Kanehiro 8-5
2) Cesar Uauy- Zhia Hwa Chong (LCSC) def. Simon Meske- Pat Boorkman 8-5
3) Oliver Sindayigaya- Tyler Oram (LCSC) def. Jordan Prince- Alex Montgomery 8-5
4) Kyle Rapp- Andrew Tran (SU) def. Richard Muszynski- Lincoln Gay 8-3