BOZEMAN, Mont. – After coming up just short against one NCAA Division I team on Friday, the Lewis-Clark State College men’s tennis team made sure that didn’t happen again on Saturday as it picked up a pair of victories.
The Warriors defeated Seattle University, an NCAA D-I program, and Montana State-Billings, an NCAA D-II school, by identical 5-2 scores on Saturday to improve to 6-3 on the season.
On Friday, the Warriors lost to Montana State University from the Big Sky Conference 4-3.
LCSC, ranked No. 16 in the NAIA poll, opened the day by sweeping all three doubles matches against MSU-Billings and then duplicating the feat against Seattle.
Ivan Krijanto and Oliver Sindayigaya went undefeated on the day in singles play for the Warriors. Krijanto won all four matches he played in.
The LCSC men won’t return to action until March 14 when it takes its annual road trip to California. LCSC will play Azusa Pacific on March 14.
LCSC 5, Montana State Billings 2
1. Anders Tischer-Tyler Oram (LCSC) def Navin Marimuthu-Kavindu Gammage, 8-4
2. Ivan Krijanto-Benjamin Robert (LCSC) def Del Landicho-Brad Knutsen, 8-4
3. Cesar Uauy-Lincoln Gay (LCSC) def Alonso Leon-Thomas Staffileno, 8-5
1. Navin Marimuthu (MSUB) def Anders Tischer, 6-4, 1-6, 6-4
2. Ivan Krijanto (LCSC) def Kavindu Gammage, 6-0, 6-1
3. Alonso Leon (MSUB) def Cesar Uauy, 6-1, 6-2
4. Oliver Sindayigaya (LCSC) def Del Landicho, 6-2, 6-2
5. Benajmin Robert (LCSC) def Brad Knutsen, 6-3, 6-1
6. Nicolas Tweedie (LCSC) def Thomas Staffileno, 6-3, 6-2
LCSC 5, Seattle U 2
1. Anders Tischer-Ivan Krijanto (LCSC) def David Kovas-Jordan Prince 8,-6
2. Benjamin Robert-Oliver Sindayigaya (LCSC) def Mark Shkrebtan-Kevin Lynch, 8-6
3. Lincoln Gay-Cesar Uauy (LCSC) def Jason Bedioned-Andrew Anderson, 9-8
1. Anders Tischer (LCSC) def David Kovas, 6-1, 5-7, 6-4
2. Ivan Krijanto (LCSC) def Andrew Anderson, 7-6, 7-6
3. Cesar Uauy (LCSC) def Mark Shkrebtan, 6-4, 6-4
4. Oliver Sindayigaya (LCSC) def Jordan Prince, 6-3, 6-4
5. Kevin Lynch (Seattle) def Benjamin Robert, 6-4, 7-6
6. Jason Bedioned (Seattle) def Nicolas Tweedie, 6-0, 6-4