Warrior tennis team opens season with win over Seattle
LEWISTON, Idaho – The Lewis-Clark State College men’s tennis team opened its season with a victory over Seattle University at the LCSC Tennis Center on Friday. The No. 19-ranked Warriors took the match by a score of 4-3.
LCSC started the contest on the right foot by sweeping the doubles matches. Ivan Krijanto and Cesar Uauy teamed up to take the No. 1 match 8-0, Anders Tischer (photo) and Benjamin Robert claimed an 8-6 win at No. 2, and Lincoln Gay and Jeff Lowndes won 8-4 at No. 3.
The point the Warriors received from the doubles matches ended up being the difference maker on the day as the teams split the singles contests 3-3.
Tischer took the No. 2 singles match for the Warriors 6-1, 6-2; Uauy won 6-3, 6-0 at No. 3; and Sam Tozer picked up a 6-2, 7-6 win at No. 5.
The win lifts the Warriors to 1-0 to start the season, while Seattle, an NCAA Division I school, falls to 0-3. LCSC will be back in action at the Tennis Center on Saturday with a 11 a.m. match against Whitworth.
1. Ivan Krijanto-Cesar Uauy (LCSC) def. Flavio Malagetti-Tom Plunkett 8-0
2. Anders Tischer-Benjamin Robert (LCSC) def. Jason Bediones-Kevin Lynch 8-6
3. Lincoln Gay-Jeff Lowndes (LCSC) def. Andrew Anderson-Erick Chamlers 8-4
1. Andrew Anderson (Seattle U.) def. Ivan Krijanto 7-5, 6-3
2. Anders Tischer (LCSC) def. Yusuke Kanehira 6-1, 6-2
3. Cesar Uauy (LCSC) def. Erik Chamlers 6-3, 6-0
4. Flavio Malagetti (Seattle U.) def. Benjamin Robert 6-3, 6-2
5. Sam Tozer (LCSC) def. Kevin Lynch 6-2, 7-6
6. Jason Bediones (Seattle U.) def. Lincoln Gay 6-3, 6-0