Warrior netters knock Whitworth 8-1
LEWISTON, Idaho – The Lewis-Clark State College men’s tennis team made quick work of Whitworth University at the LCSC Tennis Center on Saturday. The Warriors handled the Pirates by a score of 8-1.
The win lifts LC to 2-0 on the season. The Pirates, an NCAA Division III squad, fall to 0-2.
LCSC, ranked No. 19 in the NAIA, swept all three doubles matches, and took five of the six singles matches.
Benjamin Robert (photo) was a part of two of the more dominating performances on the day. The senior from Noumea, New Caledonia, teamed with Lincoln Gay to sweep the No. 3 doubles match 8-0, and then swept the No. 5 singles match 6-0, 6-0.
The Warriors will play their third match in three days when they face the College of Idaho at home on Sunday. The contest will begin at 9 a.m.
1. Ivan Krijanto-Cesar Uauy ( LCSC) def. Daniel Redfern-Cameron Williams, 8-4
2. Anders Tischer-Jeff Lowndes (LCSC) def. Micah Spaun-Stefan Dernbach, 8-6
3. Benjamin Robert-Lincoln Gay (LCSC) def. Matt Goebel-Chris Engelmann, 8-0
1. Daniel Redfern (Whitworth) def. Cesar Uauy, 6-1,6-4
2. Ivan Krijanto (LCSC) def. Cameron Williams, 6-4,6-2
3. Anders Tischer (LCSC) def. Micah Spaun, 6-1, 6-0
4. Sam Tozer (LCSC) def. Stefan Dernbach, 6-0,6-1
5. Benjamin Robert (LCSC) def. Ben Hamming, 6-0,6-0
6. Tyler Oram (LCSC) def. John Talbot, 6-2,6-0
7. Jeff Lowndes (LCSC) def. Cree Maloney, 8-1