Warrior men's tennis team sweeps College of Idaho
The Lewis-Clark State College men’s tennis team eased by the College of Idaho 9-0 at the LCSC Tennis Center on Sunday. The No. 19-ranked Warriors are now a perfect 3-0 on the season.
LCSC lost just three sets total in its three quick wins in the doubles matches and then went on to make fairly quick work of the six singles contests as well.
The LCSC women’s tennis team competed in Spokane on Sunday and fell to Gonzaga University 6-1. The No. 16-ranked Warriors are now 0-7 on the season after having faced seven different NCAA Division I opponents so far.
Dominika Jasova earned a 6-3, 6-3 win at No. 1 to claim the Warriors’ only point in the match.
The LCSC men will be back in action on Friday in Walla Walla, Wash., with matches against Whitman College and UC Santa Cruz. The Warrior women’s next match will be against Whitman College in Lewiston on Sunday, Feb. 12.
LCSC 9, College of Idaho 0
1. Cesar Uauy-Benjamin Robert (LCSC) def. Chen Simpson-Mark Malmstorm 8-0
2. Tyler Oram-Lincoln Gay (LCSC) def. Joel Hernandez-Thomas McMahon 8-2
3. Jeff Lowndes-Alberta Sanz (LCSC) def. Taylor Gordon-James Collett 8-1
1. Sam Tozer (LCSC) def. Simpson 6-1, 6-3
2. Robert (LCSC) def. Malmstrom 6-2, 6-0
3. Tyler Oram (LCSC) def. Collett 6-0, 6-1
4. Lowndes (LCSC) def. McMahon 6-4, 7-5
5. Gay (LCSC) def. Hernandez 6-1, 6-1
6. Sanz (LCSC) def. Zach Bucker 6-3, 6-0
Gonzaga 6, LCSC 1
1. Katie Edwards/Kylie Peek (GU) def. Dominika Jasova/Dorothy Chong 8-7 (4)
2. Prue Teitzel/Kristina Zauere (GU) def. Barb Sneckner/Miranda Duggan 8-1
3. Sophie Lantta/Madeline Parker (GU) def. Bryn Oliveira/Florencia Martina 8-5
1. Jasova (LCSC) def. Katie Edwards 6-3, 6-3
2. Prue Teitzel (GU) def. Chong 6-2, 6-3
3. Kristina Zauere (GU) def. Sneckner 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
4. Sophie Lantta (GU) def. Duggan 6-0, 6-0
5. Britta Stime (GU) def. Samantha Teigen 6-2, 6-1
6. Madeline Parker (GU) def. Oliveira 4-1 retired inj.