Warrior men take down D-III powerhouse Whitman
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – The Lewis-Clark State College men’s tennis team defeated Whitman College 7-2 on Saturday. The victory snapped Whitman’s 19-match winning streak.
Lewis-Clark State, ranked No. 24 in the latest NAIA Division I Top 25 national poll and now 8-7 on the year, swept three competitive matches in doubles for an early 3-0 lead.
The Warriors then took four of six matches in singles, including two that were settled in three sets.
Whitman, No. 8 in the NCAA Division III national ranks, is now 19-4 on the season after its second loss this season to Lewis-Clark State. The Warriors edged Whitman 5-4 back in February in Walla Walla.
LCSC will close out the regular season with a match against Gonzaga in Spokane on Sunday, April 22. The team will then head to Oklahoma City for the national qualifying tournament on April 26-28.
Lewis-Clark State 7, Whitman 2
1. Anders Tischer, Benjamin Robert (LCSC) def. Matt Tesmond, Conor Holton Burke 8-6
2. Cesar Uauy, Ivan Krijanto (LCSC) def. Andrew La Cava, James River 8-4
3. Tyler Oram, Sam Tozer (LCSC) def. Adriel Borshanky, Sam Sadeghi 8-5
1. Andrew La Cava (Whitman) def. Anders Tischer 2-6, 6-0, 6-4
2. Ivan Krijanto (LCSC) def. Conor Holton Burke 6-4, 6-1
3. Sam Tozer (LCSC) def. James River 3-6, 6-4, 7-6
4. Cesar Uauy (LCSC) def. Sam Sadeghi 6-1, 6-1
5. Adriel Borshanky (Whitman) def. Benjamin Robert 3-6, 6-1, 10-7
6. Lincoln Gay (LCSC) def. Matt Tesmond 1-6, 6-3, 6-4