LEWISTON, Idaho – The seventh-ranked Lewis-Clark State College women’s tennis team earned a 6-3 victory over NCAA Division III Whitman College in the Warriors’ first outing of the 2013 spring season on Saturday afternoon at the LCSC Tennis Center.
The Warriors took four of six singles matches and two of three doubles contests from the Missionaries, ranked 29th nationally and sixth in the West Region by the ITA.
LCSC’s Livia Blasque, Deanri Human and Rye Hewett each went 2-0 on Saturday, earning victories in singles matches and as part of Warrior doubles teams.
Blasque took down Whitman’s Jenna Dobrin 6-3, 6-2 at No. 2 singles and combined with Dorothy Chong at No. 1 doubles to best Courtney Lawless and Alyssa Roberg 8-5.
Human triumphed over Kate Kunkel-Patterson at No. 4 singles by the score of 7-6, 6-2 before teaming with Hewett at No. 3 doubles in beating Kunkel-Patterson and Erin Minuth.
Hewett earned a straight-set victory over Katrina Alleck at No. 3 singles for Lewis-Clark State.
The Warriors are back at the LCSC Tennis Center when they host Whitworth at noon on Feb. 9.
Lewis-Clark State 6, Whitman 3
1. Courtney Lawless, W def. Dorothy Chong, LC, 6-3, 6-0.
2. Livia Blasque, LC def. Jenna Dobrin, W, 6-3, 6-2.
3. Maddy Webster, W def. Bryn Oliveira, LC, 4-6, 7-5, 6-4.
4. Deanri Human, LC def. Kate Kunkel-Patterson, W, 7-6, 6-2.
5. Florencia Martina, LC def. Kate Rubinstein, 6-4, 6-1.
6. Rye Hewett, LC def. Katrina Alleck, W, 6-4, 6-1.
1. Dorothy Chong-Livia Blasque, LC def. Courtney Lawless-Alyssa Roberg, W, 8-5.
2. Morgan Lawless-Jenna Dobrin, W def. Florencia Martina-Bryn Oliveira, LC, 8-3.
3. Deanri Human-Rye Hewett, LC def. Kate Kunkel-Patterson-Erin Minuth, W, 8-5.