LEWISTON, Idaho – The Lewis-Clark State College men’s tennis team opened its home slate with a 9-0 sweep of NCAA Division III Whitworth on Saturday evening at the LCSC Tennis Center.
The Warriors evened their 2013 record to 1-1 with the victory; a win that saw LCSC take all six singles matches in straight sets over the visiting Pirates.
No. 1 singles player Anders Tischer clinched the victory with a 6-1, 6-1 victory over Whitworth’s Cameron Williams to give the Warriors their fifth victory of the evening. It was the second win the of the night for Tischer, who combined with Jeff Lowndes to outlast Williams and Drew Brigham 9-8 at No. 1 doubles.
Sam Tozer, Lincoln Gay, Quentin Wacquez, Alberto Sanz and Lowndes also registered singles victories for the Warriors, who will next host Whitman on Friday at 4 p.m.
Lewis-Clark State 9, Whitworth 0
1. Anders Tischer, LC def. Cameron Williams, W, 6-1, 6-1
2. Sam Tozer, LC def. Drew Brigham, W, 6-3, 6-3.
3. Lincoln Gay, LC def. Chris Engelmann, W, 6-1, 6-1.
4. Quentin Wacquez, LC def. Blake Miller, W, 6-4, 6-2.
5. Alberto Sanz, LC def. Matt Goebel, W, 6-0, 6-0.
6. Jeff Lowndes, LC def. Levi Huddleston, W, 6-2, 6-1.
1. Anders Tischer-Jeff Lowndes, LC def. Cameron Williams-Drew Brigham, W, 9-8
2. Sam Tozer-Quentin Wacquez, LC def. Chris Engelmann-Blake Miller, W, 8-2
3. Haseeb Khan-Alberto Sanz, LC def. Matt Goebel-Levi Huddleston, W, 8-1.