SALEM, Ore. – The Lewis-Clark State College men’s tennis team swept Willamette University 9-0 on the road on Friday afternoon.
LCSC, ranked No. 13 in the NAIA poll released earlier this week, won three tight doubles matches before making relatively quick work of the Bearcats in singles.
Both Anders Tischer (No. 1) and Quentin Wacquez (No. 4) dominated their singles matches 6-0, 6-0, and Jeff Lowndes took the No. 6 singles match with ease 6-0, 6-1.
The Warriors are now 4-1 on the year, with their only loss coming to NCAA Division I Gonzaga.
Friday’s match was the second of eight consecutive contests the Warriors will play on the road. On Saturday they’ll travel to Portland to face Lewis & Clark College at 11 a.m.
Lewis-Clark State 9, Willamette 0
1. Jeff Lowndes/Anders Tischer (LCSC) def. Sam Wexman/Josh Wong, 8-5
2. Lincoln Gay/Sam Tozer (LCSC) def. Gunnar Lee/Devin Abney, 8-3
3. Quentin Wacquez/Alberto Sanz (LCSC) def. Will Cooper/Jack Schreiber, 9-7
1. Anders Tischer (LCSC) def. Sam Wexman, 6-0, 6-0
2. Lincoln Gay (LCSC) def. Will Cooper, 6-3, 6-0
3. Sam Tozer (LCSC) def. Colin Yamaguchi, 6-1, 6-2
4. Quentin Wacquez (LCSC) def. Gunnar Lee, 6-0, 6-0
5. Alberto Sanz (LCSC) def. Blake Brash, 6-4, 6-3
6. Jeff Lowndes (LCSC) def. Shrujan Kalidindi, 6-0, 6-1