LEWISTON, Idaho – Texas State University was too much for the No. 10 Lewis-Clark State College women’s tennis team on Saturday at the LCSC Tennis Center. The NCAA Division I Bobcats took a pair of doubles matches and five singles contests and defeated the Warriors 6-1.
LCSC grabbed its only singles win when Livia Blasque, last week’s NAIA Player of the Week, won the No. 2 match 6-4, 6-3.
In doubles, Blasque and Dorothy Chong took the No. 1 match 8-5, while Rye Hewett and Bryn Oliveira came close to winning at No. 2, but fell by a final score of 8-6.
Lewis-Clark State, now 8-8 on the season, will play its next match on Wednesday in Spokane, against Whitworth University. After this, the team will travel to Tulsa, Okla., for the NAIA National Qualifying Tournament on April 26-27.
Texas State 6, Lewis-Clark State College 1
1. Jessica Kahts (TXST) def. Dorothy Chong (LCSC) 6-3, 6-2
2. Livia Blasque (LCSC) def. Melissa Hadad (TXST) 6-4, 6-3
3. Rachel Baldree (TXST) def. Bryn Oliveira (LCSC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Mariana Perez (TXST) def. Rye Hewett (LCSC) 6-3, 6-4
5. B. Van den Bergh (TXST) def. Deanri Human (LCSC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Katy Collins (TXST) def. Florencia Martina (LCSC) 6-4, 6-2
1. Livia Blasque/Dorothy Chong (LCSC) def. Melissa Hadad/Mariana Perez (TXST) 8-5
2. Jessica Kahts/Katy Collins (TXST) def. Rye Hewett/Bryn Oliveira (LCSC) 8-6
3. Rachel Baldree/B. Van den Bergh (TXST) def. Deanri Human/Florencia Martina (LCSC) 8-2