The Lewis-Clark State College Center for Arts & History is located in the heart of historic downtown Lewiston, Idaho at 415 Main St. The 12,000 square foot building was built in 1884 as the Vollmer Great Bargain Store and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The First National Bank of Lewiston occupied the facility until from 1904-1946, when it was sold to First Security Bank which continued operations until 1989. In March 1991 First Security Bank of Idaho donated the building to the Lewis-Clark State College Foundation for use as a center for arts and culture.
Since opening in October, 1991 the Center has welcomed more than 75,000 visitors from all fifty states and 38 foreign countries. On March 5, 2009, the Center for Arts & History experienced a fire that closed the Main Street location for over a year.
Today, the Center is restored and back in business! The building also houses LCSC Continuing Education & Community Events on the second floor of The Center.
The Mission of the LCSC Center for Arts & History to connect campus to community and the world through education and experiences in arts, culture, and the humanities.
The Vision of the LCSC Center for Arts & History: The arts and humanities inspire learning, encourage creativity, build community, promote a positive quality of life, reinvigorate public spaces, attract businesses and neighbors to our communities, and contribute to the local economy through tourism and creating jobs.
Continuing Education and Community Events (CECE) is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Lewiston on the second floor of the historic Center for Arts and History building at 415 Main Street. CECE offers a variety of personal enrichment opportunities and hosts several community events.Find out more!