News - Teacher & Career/Job Fairs
Teacher Fairs give students a chance to:
- Get the up-to-date info on teacher supply and demand
- Learn how to manuever through the district application process
- Attend job fairs and be successful in your job search
Upcoming Teacher Fairs:
There are currently no scheduled Teacher Fairs in our area. Check back later for upcoming events.
Career/Job Fairs give students a chance to:
- Establish job contacts
- Explore career possibilities
- Gather information about an employer
Career/Job Fairs provide students with excellent opportunities to explore career options, learn about hiring practices of individual companies, procedures for applying for work with these companies, specific coursework required in various occupations, information about cooperative education opportunities, and other preparation for an edge in entering the job market.
Students can capitalize on what the Career/Job Fair has to offer by doing some advanced preparation. Consider the following pointers. Clarify your goals - know why you are going to the Career/Job Fair and what you want to get out of it. Review the list of participating employers and identify those with whom you wish to talk. Know something about the organizations you plan to visit and prepare a list of questions to ask (this requires some research). Take your carefully prepared resume with you. Employers will recognize and remember the well prepared, motivated students who visit them during the Career/Job Fair; some advanced preparation on your part will make you one of those students.
Upcoming Career/Job Fairs:
Information for Students:
- Virtual Career Fair - Thursday, June 26, 2014, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. (Pacific time). Must register ahead of time.
- Bellevue Career Fair - Monday, August 18, 2014 at the Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, WA., 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Fall 2014 Career Expo & CEA Technical Fair - Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m., Beasley Coliseum, Washington State University, Pullman, Wa.
- Portland Career Fair - Wednesday, November 12, 2014, at the Red Lion Hotel on the River, Portland, OR, 11 a.m..-2 p.m.
- Bellevue Career Fair - Monday, November 17, 2014 at the Red Lion Hotel Bellevue, WA, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Veteran's Hiring Conferences
- Orion Hiring Conferences - Thursday, July 31, 2014, Seattle WA.-for Officer and Technician/Supervisor; Thursday, September 18 and Friday, September 19, 2014, Seattle WA- for Officer and Technician/Supervisor; Thursday, November 6 and Friday, November 7, 2014- for Officer, Technician/Supervisor
- Bradley-Morris, Inc. Military Hiring Events - Monday, August 4, Seattle, WA- for Technician/Supervision and Engineering/Management/Sales; Monday, December 8, Seattle, WA- for Engineering/Management/Sales, Technician/Supervision
- Recruit Military - Seattle All Veterans Job Fair- Thursday, November 20, 2014, Safeco Field, Seattle, WA