LCSC-CDA Computer Lab Policy
1. Lab is available for use by currently enrolled
LC, and concurrently enrolled LC/NIC students.
2. To use the lab, students must show their current college/university ID
card to the lab monitor.
3. All hardware, software, and documentation are available for use on a
first-come, first-serve basis. The exception being the three computers
designated for special needs. Students, faculty, and staff requiring special
need computers have first right to those machines. Please relocate if asked.
4. No smoking, no food, no liquids of any kind (e.g. water, soda, coffee,
tea, juice, etc.) is permitted in the lab. Please eat and drink outside the
lab area. The expense and importance of each computer warrants that students
who eat or drink while using a machine will be warned just once. A second
infraction will result in the loss of lab privileges for the semester. (This
policy is similar to Lewiston procedures.)
5. Lab users will honor all copyright laws as well as software use policy.
6. Critical to any computer lab is an environment where students can
concentrate. Every reasonable attempt needs to be made to limit distractions
or interruptions. The following lab policy is intended to address parental
and student needs. It can be successful if all involved will make a sincere
effort to abide by its conditions.
Children and/or dependents of currently enrolled students will be allowed in
the computer lab as long as the following conditions are upheld.
Children and/or dependents…
• must sit within immediate proximity of the student and be supervised at
• are forbidden from using any lab equipment.
• may sit on chairs if there are any available; students’ needs come first.
• must behave at a noise/activity level consistent with that of the general environment.
If any of the above conditions are not met by children and/or dependents,
students must take on the responsibility of leaving the computer lab or they
may be asked to leave.
7. Please take cell phone calls outside the computer lab area. If possible,
set the ring style to vibrate.
8. The lab closing will be announced to all lab users 15 minutes before. See
Computer Lab for schedule.
9. All LC-CdA students will be charged .10 cents per sheet for laser
printing. This charge applies even when you use your own paper. All pages
printed will be charged. Cost covers, toner, paper, maintenance or
replacement of printer.
10. Computers are not to be used by students or faculty for commercial gain,
for political purposes or personal benefit that is not academically related.
11. Using the system for any illegal
activity, viewing or distributing obscene, pornographic, profane or sexually
oriented material unless required for investigatory or instructional
12. Computer lab staff reserves the right to close the lab if scheduling lab
monitor is not possible.
All computer lab users must use respect for the lab
facility and machines. Conduct that creates a disturbance to other users is
prohibited; this includes making noise, taking food or beverages (including
water) into the computer lab and printing materials that do not reflect the
philosophy of LC, NIC, or UI.
Depending on the seriousness of an offense, violation of any policy can
result in penalties ranging from:
• loss of privileges,
• referral to College/University authorities for
disciplinary action, and / or criminal prosecution.
Revised July 1, 2005