Accounts Payable -
Table of contents:
is made to an individual or
vendor, a Lewis-Clark State
College representative pays for
the product or service and
obtains a receipt documenting
the purchase. An
acceptable receipt has all five
of the following attributes:
Some things to keep in mind:
- Vendor name and address.
- If not printed on the receipt, ask the vendor to stamp or print the business name & address on the receipt.
- Date of purchase.
- The purchase date should not exceed 30 days prior to submitting for payment or reimbursement.
- Detailed description of the purchase.
- Itemized description for each item purchased, including quantity.
- Total amount paid.
- Sales tax should not be included on any Idaho in state purchase.
- Sales tax can be reimbursed for out of pocket purchases tendered by an individual.
- Method of payment.
- Receipt should reflect if transaction is a direct billing to LCSC or paid in full.
- If payment method is via personal credit card, the receipt should reflect the employee’s name along with the last 4 digits of the credit card.
- If payment method is via the P-Card the receipt should reflect the P-Cardholders name along with the last 4 digits of the P-Card.
- A tip on an approved meal reimbursement may be included, if approved by the next level of authority. The tip can be handwritten on the detailed restaurant receipt.
15-18% is acceptable.
- Paper clips increase the chance for a lost receipt. To ensure a receipt is not separated from the payment document, staple it to the document.
- If the receipt is small, tape it to an 8 ½ x 11 piece of paper prior to stapling it to the document.
- Credit card slips are not a valid receipt unless all five items listed above are included.
- E-mail receipts must identify all five items listed above and have the business name in the e-mail address.
- All receipts must clearly be from a third party source with detailed descriptions of the relevant purchases.
- If a receipt is lost, the individual who lost the receipt must demonstrate a good faith effort to obtain another receipt from the vendor. If unable to obtain another copy, a written request for undocumented reimbursement maybe initiated. The request needs to be approved by the requestor’s supervisor, attached to a requisition and processed through the normal purchasing process.