2008 Clearwater River
Cross Country Running Camp
PICTURES FROM 2008
July 14-18, 2008
Lewis-Clark State College Cross Country
2007 LCSC XC TEAM AT SELWAY FALLS
Camp Director: Dr. Mike Collins, Head XC/Track
Coach - Lewis-Clark State College
- Nine Consecutive years of LCSC Women's XC ranked in the top 25 of the
- Seven Consecutive trips to nationals for Women's XC (TEAM)
- Seven Consecutive years of LCSC Men's XC ranked in the top 25 of the
- Six Consecutive trips to nationals for Men's XC (individual or team)
- Over 40 All-Americans since 1999
- Coached National Champion in the Marathon (2005)
- USA Track & Field Level II Coach
- USA Triathlon National Championship Qualifier ('97, '98, '99, '00, '01)
- Ironman Triathlon Finisher (2005)
Special Speakers will include
Bill Taylor - Current Head Cross Country and Track Coach, Lipscomb
University, Nashville, TN
Tim Gundy - Current Head Cross Country Coach at Asotin High School, WA -
Occupational Therapist, Lewiston School District.
- High School
- 11 Individual Kansas State Championships including 3 indoor, 6 outdoor
and 2 cross country
- HS PR's of 4:10.6 (1600), 1:53.8 (800), 9:16 (2 Mile)
- University of Kansas Cross Country and Track Teams
- College and Post-College PR include
- 3:43.45 (1500), 13:41.44 (5000m), 29:06 (10,000m)
- 1992 Olympic Trials Qualifier and Finalist (5000m)
- 1991 Bronze Medal, Olympic Sports Festival (5000m)
Shawn Lawlor - Current Head Cross Country &
Distance Track Coach
at Timberlake High School, ID
- 3x District XC Team Champions
- 2005 State XC Team Runner-up
- State Champions Track (2004, 2006, 2007)
- Coach of a 6x Individual State Champion
Calin Hantau (Romania) - 2008 Assistant Coach at
Lewis-Clark State College
- 2007 Region I Runner of the Year
- 2007 Frontier Conference Runner of the Year
- 2006 Cross Country All-American (10th at Nationals)
- Personal Bests Include
- 24:29 (8000), 14:52 (5000), 3:49 (1500), 1:51 (800)
All camp counselors will be current or former collegiate
runners and/or coaches.
If you would like to be a counselor at the camp and have
high moral standards, good character and lots of energy, contact coach Collins.
Priority will be given to present and past Warrior runners, but we hope to
involve any and all that would like to contribute.
Camp participants must be 8th-12th graders in the upcoming
school year. High school graduates are not eligible.
- VO2max Demonstration - this is the test you see in all of
the Gatorade commercials where the runner is hooked up to hoses in order to
analyze aerobic power (oxygen consumption). We demonstrate an actual
max test and talk about how it is used and can be used to improve training.
- Floating the Selway River.
- Afternoon Hike into Stanley Hot Springs
- Sand Castle Building Competition
- Easy Group Run to Historic Selway Falls
- Lots of games, commradery, swimming, awesome tossum tournament,...
Brief outline of camp
Camp will spend its first day on the campus of
LCSC. Included in this time will be the VO2max demonstration as
well as education about strength training.
The next three days of the camp will take place
at the O'Hara Campground on the Selway River, approximately 100 miles East of
Lewiston, Idaho and 110 Miles West of Missoula, Montana. We hope
to have the group camp site at Johnson Bar on the Selway in 2009.
The camp will have daily training sessions for
runners of all abilities as well as group dynamic activities,
educational sessions, games, swimming, beach and other competitions.
Although the camp is to assist in the development
of young runners, we will be emphasizing fun and team building in most,
if not all of our activities.
All campers will receive a camp shirt and
- The first day of the camp the campers will be housed at the Comfort Inn
in Lewiston. They will receive all of the amenities of staying at a
hotel, including their hot breakfast. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
nights the campers will be staying at O'HARA campground on the Selway.
They will be tent camping, with all of the perks of that including
campground restroom facilities, no showers (river access), propane and
outdoor grill and other food preparation, comfortable natural bedding
- $240.00 for individuals registered by June 1
- $275.00 for individuals registering after June 1
- $210.00 per person for individuals registering in groups of 5 or more
if done by June 1 (all applications must come together)
- $245.00 per person for individuals registering in groups of 5 or more
if after June 1 (all applications must come together)
- Deadline for Registration is June 30.
- Registration is limited to 50 CAMPERS TOTAL, so register early.
Make Checks Payable to LCSC Cross Country
Register Online at ACTIVE.COM (Online Registration will not allow refunds
of any kind.)
- 100% minus a $50.00 process fee will be refunded if cancelled by May 1
- 50% will be refunded if cancelled by June 1. After June 1 there
will be no refunds.
- Due to the limited number of allowed registrations (50), the refund
policy is very limited this year. It is anticipated that in the future
with a broader range of campers and likelihood of multiple sessions that we
will be able to be more liberal in refunds.
ACTS OF GOD & UNFORESEEN EVENTS DISCLAIMER
- Every effort will be made to conduct the camp in the positive and
exemplary manner as advertised. However, it is possible that events
that are currently unforeseen could change the daily itinerary, locations,
etc... These events "could" include but are not limited to forest
fires, campground closures, etc...
- Lewis-Clark State College's Head Athletic Trainer will be available
throughout the camp and will be attending during the camp session on the
Selway. All campers must fill out the health history questionnaire in
order to help us be aware of any health issues that may need to be dealt
with. Insurance information must also be provided. All campers
that carry an Epi pen for allergies, including bee allergies MUST have their
pen with them at all times.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- Campers can begin checking in on Monday July 14th between 1:00 and 3:00
pm. Camp will officially start at 3:30pm that day. Camp
officially ends on Friday July 18 at 3:00pm. For those checking in
earlier and/or getting picked up later, be prepared to entertain yourself.
The student union will be open during that time with the game room
available, along with seating to read or other.
- We are in the process of finding Title and Support Sponsors for the
camp. If you or your business is interested please contact coach
Collins. We will do our best to recognize all sponsors to the best of
our ability, including but not limited to a banner on this website,
screening on the camp shirts and any other acceptable means.
Contact camp director at
email@example.com or 208-792-2308 (office), 208-791-6483 (cell).
NECESSARY CAMP FORMS AND INFO
Back to LCSC Cross Country Page
Back to Unofficial LCSC
Cross Country Page