*** TENTATIVE DATES FOR 2010 CAMP ARE JULY 6 (tues)
through JULY 10***
Due to campground reservations, this is
the only time period we could get without potentially crossing over into your HS
PICTURES FROM 2008
2009 TIME TRIAL RESULTS
July 13-17, 2009
Dr. Mike Collins, Head XC/Track
Coach - Lewis-Clark State College
- TEN Consecutive years of LCSC Women's XC ranked in the top 25 of the
- Eight Consecutive trips to nationals for Women's XC (TEAM)
- Seven Consecutive years of LCSC Men's XC ranked in the top 25 of the
- Seven Consecutive trips to nationals for Men's XC (individual or team)
- Frontier Conference Men's
and Women's Coach of the Year (2007, 2008)
- Over 40 All-Americans since 1999
- Coached National Champion in the Marathon (2005)
- USA Track & Field Level II Coach
- Professor of Exercise &
- Classes include Exercise
Physiology, Biomechanics, Sport Psychology, Sport Nutrition
- USA Triathlon National Championship Qualifier ('97, '98, '99, '00, '01)
- Ironman Triathlon Finisher (2005,
John Doherty - Head XC/Track Coach
- Capitol HS, Boise
- 4x NJCAA Cross Country and
- 10,000m Champion - ACC
- Marathon PR - 2:22
- Boys State Champion Team -
- Seven individual track state
- One individual cross country
- 11 years of HS Coaching
- 3 years College Coaching
Experience (Boise State)
- Master's Degree - Thesis -
Training Manual for High School Cross Country
Tim Gundy - Head XC Coach - Asotin HS,
- High School
- 11 Individual Kansas State Championships including 3 indoor, 6 outdoor
and 2 cross country
- HS PR's of 4:10.6 (1600), 1:53.8 (800), 9:16 (2 Mile)
- University of Kansas Cross Country and Track Teams
- College and Post-College PR include
- 3:43.45 (1500), 13:41.44 (5000m), 29:06 (10,000m)
- 1992 Olympic Trials Qualifier and Finalist (5000m)
- 1991 Bronze Medal, Olympic Sports Festival (5000m)
Shawn Lawler - Head Cross Country &
Distance Track Coach
- Timberlake HS, ID
- 3x District XC Team Champions
- 2005 State XC Team Runner-up
- State Champions Track (2004, 2006, 2007)
- Coach of a 6x Individual State Champion
Keith Stuffle - Head Cross Country & Track Coach -
Lewiston HS, ID
- 400m Hurdles - University of Arizona and Northern Arizona
- Olympic Trials Provisional Qualifier - 400m Hurdles -
- 2000 USATF Masters National Champion - 400 Hurdles
Complete Profile and Philosophy Here
Pam Dietz - Cross Country and Distance
Coach - Borah HS, ID
- Coach of 2007 Gatorade Runner of the Year (Idaho)
- Coach of 2x 3200m State Champion, 1600m State Champion
- 2x National Qualifier in Marathon
- 4x National Qualifier in
Dr. Clay Robinson - Professor
- Current professor of
Exercise & Sport Science
- Teaches classes in exercise
prescription and nutrition
- Will speak on proper
nutrition for distance runners
Tracy Collins, ATC - Head Athletic Trainer
- Lewis-Clark State College
- Current record holder in the
100, 200, 4x100, 4x200 (Lewiston, HS)
- Sprinter for Boise State
- Will speak on Running Injury
Prevention and Treatment
All camp counselors will be current or former collegiate
runners and/or coaches.
- If you would like to be a
counselor at the camp and have high moral standards, good character and lots
of energy, contact coach Collins.
Camp participants must be 8th-12th graders in the upcoming
school year. High school graduates are not eligible.
Camp Highlights (more to come)...
- Floating the Selway River.
- Sand Castle Building Competition
- Easy Group Run to Historic Selway Falls
- Ohare Creek Time Trial Challenge
- The Amazing Race - Warrior Style
- Lots of games, camaraderie, swimming, awesome tossum tournament,...
Brief outline of camp
Camp will spend its first day on the campus of
LCSC. Included in this time will be either a VO2max demonstration
or a gait balance analysis as
well as education about strength training.
The next three days of the camp will take place
at the on the Selway River at the Johnson Bar Group Campsite, approximately 100 miles East of
Lewiston, Idaho and 110 Miles West of Missoula, Montana.
The camp will have daily training sessions for
runners of all abilities as well as group dynamic activities,
educational sessions, games, swimming, beach and other competitions.
Although the camp is to assist in the development
of young runners, we will be emphasizing fun and team building in most,
if not all of our activities.
All campers will
receive a camp shirt, water bottle, shorts and other various items.
- The first day of the camp the campers will be housed at the Comfort Inn
in Lewiston or camped out on the campus of Lewis-Clark State. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
nights the campers will be staying at Johnson Bar Group campsite on the Selway
They will be tent camping, with all of the perks of that including
campground restroom facilities, no showers (river access), propane and
outdoor grill and other food preparation, comfortable natural bedding
- $240.00 for individuals registered by June 1
- $275.00 for individuals registering after June 1
- $210.00 per person for individuals registering in groups of 5 or more
if done by June 1 (all applications must come together)
- $245.00 per person for individuals registering in groups of 5 or more
if after June 1 (all applications must come together)
- $25.00 discount to all returning
- $25.00 discount if registered
before January 15 (great Christmas gift!!)
- $25.00 discount for every
referral of a new camper by a returner (up to the cost of the camp).
Note only one referral per new camper. This will be refunded to
you at registration. (Theoretically, a returning camper could come to
the camp for free if they referred enough people)
- Deadline for Registration is June 30.
- A $50.00 deposit can be sent with
your registration materials to hold your spot at the camp. Payment in
full must be made by June 10. If not, the spot will be opened to campers on
the waiting list and the deposit will be forfeited.
- Registration is limited to 75 CAMPERS TOTAL, so register early.
Make Checks Payable to LCSC Cross Country
- 100% minus a $50.00 process fee will be refunded if cancelled by May 1
- 50% will be refunded if cancelled by June 1. After June 1 there
will be no refunds.
ACTS OF GOD & UNFORESEEN EVENTS DISCLAIMER
- Every effort will be made to conduct the camp in the positive and
exemplary manner as advertised. However, it is possible that events
that are currently unforeseen could change the daily itinerary, locations,
etc... These events "could" include but are not limited to forest
fires, campground closures, etc...
- Lewis-Clark State College's Head Athletic Trainer will be available
throughout the camp and will be attending during the camp session on the
Selway. All campers must fill out the health history questionnaire in
order to help us be aware of any health issues that may need to be dealt
with. Insurance information must also be provided. All campers
that carry an Epi pen for allergies, including bee allergies MUST have their
pen with them at all times.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- Campers can begin checking in on Monday July 13th between
2:00 and 3:00
pm. Camp will officially start at 3:30pm that day. Camp
officially ends on Friday July 17 at 3:00pm. For those checking in
earlier and/or getting picked up later, be prepared to entertain yourself.
The student union will be open during that time with the game room
available, along with seating to read or other.
- We are in the process of finding Title and Support Sponsors for the
camp. If you or your business is interested please contact coach
Collins. We will do our best to recognize all sponsors to the best of
our ability, including but not limited to a banner on this website,
screening on the camp shirts and any other acceptable means.
Contact camp director at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-792-2308 (office), 208-791-6483 (cell).
NECESSARY CAMP FORMS AND INFO
Back to LCSC Cross Country Page
Back to Unofficial LCSC
Cross Country Page