Respondus LockDown Browser
What is Respondus LockDown Browser?
Respondus LockDown Browser™ (RLDB) is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within Blackboard. When students use Respondus LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading.
Features of Respondus LockDown Browser
- Integrates with Blackboard Learn
- Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- Prevents access to other applications including messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machines, and network monitoring applications
- Print, Print Screen and screen capture functions are disabled
- Copying and pasting anything to or from an assessment is prevented
- Right-click menu options, function keys, keyboard shortcuts and task switching are disabled
- An assessment cannot be exited until the student submits it for grading
- Browser menu and toolbar options are removed, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
- Supports screen readers
- Available for Windows and Mac operating systems
- All computers at the LCSC Testing Center are set-up to use RLDB
How do I start using Respondus LockDown Browser?
Faculty wanting to use Respondus LockDown Browser must complete the online training in Blackboard. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Within the required training course, you will be provided the link to download Respondus LockDown Browser to your own computer. Each institution has a slightly different version of the application, so it must be downloaded from the correct location.