Kinesiology Club Constitution
Name - Kinesiology Club
Purpose - To support students majoring or minoring in Kinesiology or related fields, and to promote fitness and wellness on the LCSC campus as well as the community.
Article III: Membership
The Kinesiology Club is open to all enrolled LCSC students in good standing, as well as associated faculty and staff. Prospective members may join the Kinesiology club by attending meetings or participation in fundraising activities and/or a combination of the two validated be Officer/Advisory Board, as long as participation is at a minimum of five hours per semester.
Article IV: Officers
The executive branch shall consist of a President, Vise President, and a Secretary/ Treasurer.
The members will serve one school year term.
The executive branch will be selected by the current advisory board from a list of pre selected/ self-selected list from within the current or prospective members. A meeting for nomination will be held for at the second last meeting of the school year term.
Section D. Eligibility requirements.
- President must be/ will be a standing Junior during term served or higher (due to the fact that a major should be declared at this stage in his/her college career).
- V-President must be/ will be a standing Junior during term served or higher.
- Secretary / Treasurer must be / will be a standing sophomore during term served or higher.
- All officers must be /remain in good standing before and during their active term.
- For any reason that there is a shortage of members in required class standing, then current officer(s) will fulfill the elected position. If officer declines this duty, then the current advisory board my temporarily amend Article IV Section D to allow for open position to be filled.
Section E. Officers Duties.
- President shall:
- Conduct all meetings
- Call special meetings
- Network with advisory board
- Coordinate all activities or pre-select coordinator
- Vise President shall:
- Fulfill any/ or all rolls in absents of the President.
- Assist President in his/her said duties
- Secretary/ Treasurer shall:
- Record minutes of meetings/ take notes
- Keep club’s financial records and running log of all revenue/expenditures (Handling of the money).
* All Officers shall assist each other to ensure success and each may be called on to help another officer in his/her duties.
Article V: Advisory Board
The advisory board shall consist of at least one faculty member in the Kinesiology Dept., but may consist of all willing and available faculty members.
All decisions made by the advisory board must be verified by a 2/3rds majority vote.
The advisory board shall elect executive board from pre-nominated selections by current members. (refer back to Article IV Section C.)
One advisory board member must be present at all club functions (meetings, fundraising, and events), unless it is not official Lewis-Clark State College business.
Article VI: Meetings
Regular club meetings will be held on the first Thursday of each month, as well as the following Monday during the scholastic school year, unless otherwise notified by the president or advisory board. This will be followed as closely as possible, and in accordance to the officers’ schedules.
All meetings will be conducted under “Roberts Rules of Order”. The president shall provide interpretations as he/she sees fit.
The President or advisory board member may call a special meeting if found necessary or by request.
Article VII: Quorum
At least 1/3 rd of all members of club must be at the meeting to conduct legal business.
There will be a three-day grace period for absentee votes to be counted.
All finalized votes must be signed off by the president and one faculty advisor.
2/3rds vote by Advisory board to veto members’ votes.
Decisions that may require members’ votes:
- Fund transaction over fifty dollars (+/-)
- Decision affecting member (s) status
- Amendments to the constitution
- Decision affecting officer (s) status.
- Special event scheduling
The Board of regents of LCSC, the Idaho law codes, or the constitution of the U.S. takes precedence over this constitution.
Article X Amendments –
Any and all amendments to this constitution are to be typed and must be passed by all officers and 2/3rds of Advisory Board members to be voted on by members. Any said amendment will be entered below and the amendment or deleted section or article will be stricken from the record as seen fit.