is a new employee who has chosen to have a mentor
We hope that you will have a positive experience with the mentor program. Our goals for the program are as follows:
- Link a new employee with valuable knowledge and information
- Enable employees to gain satisfaction by sharing their expertise with others
- Allow employees to learn more about other areas of LCSC
- Facilitate learning specific skills and knowledge that is relevant to professional goals
- Provide networking opportunities with other employees
- Allow employees to gain knowledge about LCSC's culture and mission to enhance strategic initiatives
- Ensure that the employee has a friendly ear with whom to share frustrations as well as successes in a confidential setting
Resources for a Mentor and Mentee
1). After you are hired, Human Resource Services provides a benefits orientation and introduces the mentor program, lets employee know a mentor will be contacting her/him unless the employee chooses not to participate.
2). Human Resource Services sends your name and job description to representative group chair to assign a mentor.
3). Your mentor is notified and prints the mentor checklist and quick start guide and will contact you directly within a week.
4). Mentor will provide 4 weeks of mentorship to you.