Faculty Association Archives
Lewis-Clark State College
Faculty Association Meeting
December 19, 2002
1. Meeting called to order by Richard Moore, Faculty Chair at 3:15 in the Williams Conference Center. A quorum was established as about 90 persons were in attendance at the time. The association had last met on June 19 and those minutes were read and approved.
2. The Faculty Association Treasurerís Report indicated that our main account has $3,175.56 as of the end of Nov.
3. Dr. Tom Urquhart had a significant illness at this time, so he had to withdraw as Chair of the Standing Tenure Review Committee. Betsy Van Clief was nominated to take the Chair position and agreed to do so. There were no other nominations from the floor, so nominations were closed. Betsy Van Clief was accepted by acclamation.
4. Details of the Faculty Legislative Luncheon in Boise for Jan. 8 and 9 were announced. A van will be leaving LCSC on Jan. 8 and returning after the luncheon on Jan. 9. A motion was made for the treasury to pay between $1560 to $2000 for hotel, van, and the luncheon costs for those who participate. The motion was seconded and carried. Faculty should let Richard Moore know if they want to go to Boise.
5. A motion was made to give $300 in support of the Martin Luther King/Human Rights Day Celebration on Jan. 20 from our Treasury. The motion was seconded and carried.
6. It was moved that Shirley Koenan, who began teaching at LCSC in 1968 and has taught here longer than anyone else and has remained teaching as an adjunct so that second year French can be taught at LCSC, be awarded Faculty Emeritus Status. The motion was seconded and carried.
7. There was a motion to award Honorary Emeritus Division Chair Status to Larry Haapanen for all his years chairing the fine arts division. The motion was seconded and carried.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:30 by Richard Moore, Chair
Minutes respectfully submitted by Sheila Watkins, Secretary
Faculty Association Home| Faculty Senate Home
ADMISSIONS | ALUMNI |
ATHLETICS | CAMPUS LIFE AND DIVERSITY |
LIFELONG LEARNING | WELCOME
TO LCSC | WORKING at LCSC
CALENDAR | NEWS | PEOPLE | SITE MAP | HOME
State College, 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501 (208) 792-5272
Web Site maintained by: firstname.lastname@example.org