Faculty Association Archives
Lewis-Clark State College
Faculty Association Meeting Minutes
Wed., June 19, 3:00 Ė 3:15 and 4:00 to 4:15, WCC
1. 37 faculty were present, and 16 faculty voted by absentee ballot.
2. Meeting called to order by Rob Lohmeyer, past Chair of the Faculty Association. Quorum established.
3. Dr. Richard Moore nominated to be the Chair of the Faculty Association for 2002-2003, to replace Suzanne Bushfield, the duly elected Chair who resigned her faculty position. The floor was opened for further nominations. There were none. Then there was a motion to cease nominations and to elect Dr. Moore by acclamation. The motion was seconded and passed unanimously.
4. Meeting adjourned to turn the meeting over to the President for a duly called faculty meeting to discuss budget updates and the State Board of Educationís financial exigency plan. More than a 100 faculty, staff, and administratorís attended the Presidentís meeting, which adjourned at 4:00.
5. At 4:00, Dr. Moore called the Faculty Association to order again. Dr. Moore asked the faculty for feedback on the possible strategies for dealing with further budget cuts. Would the faculty accept a reduction in salaries? Would the faculty accept increased workloads? Are there other ideas? (None expressed). The faculty were asked to think about these issues in case further discussion is needed in the future.
6. Dr. Moore thanked all former chairs for their leadership, and wished all faculty a good summer. Meeting adjourned at 4:15.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Sheila Watkins, Faculty Senate Secretary/Treasurer
Faculty Association Home| Faculty Senate Home
ADMISSIONS | ALUMNI |
ATHLETICS | CAMPUS LIFE AND DIVERSITY |
LIFELONG LEARNING | WELCOME
TO LCSC | WORKING at LCSC
CALENDAR | NEWS | PEOPLE | SITE MAP | HOME
State College, 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501 (208) 792-5272
Web Site maintained by: firstname.lastname@example.org