Faculty Association 2003-04
Faculty Association Meeting Minutes
November 18, 2003
I. The meeting was called to order at 3:37 PM by Chair, Kathie Wilcox.
II. There was a motion to approve the minutes of the Faculty Association meeting of August 21, 2003. The minutes were approved as presented.
III. There was a motion by Mike Bradley and seconded by Betsy VanClief to correct the minutes of May 8, 2003. The minutes were approved as amended.
IV. Treasury Report:
1. As of November 18, 2003, the balance in the Allocated account was $2135.65.
2. As of November 18, 2003, the balance in the Faculty Association Account $4319.29.
V. Old Business
1. Promotion and Tenure: The Chair presented the names of the committee members for those who are eligible for promotion or tenure. There were no corrections.
2. 2003-2004 Tenure and Promotion Candidates and their respective committees:
Tenure: Beverly Benge (Tom McFarland, Chair, Gwen Taylor, Shauna Castellaw, Mike Vernon, and Christine Packwood)
Harold Crook ( Okey Goode, Chair, Patricia Keith, James Tarter, Ed Miller, Jerry Mathes)
Carol Nelson (Lana Elliott, Chair, Bill Hayne, Gary Mayton, Ray Miller, Beth Hasenyager)
Promotion: Linda Coursey (Gwen Taylor, Chair, Lana Elliott, Marilyn Levine, Maureen Schulz, and Robert Hayes)
Marilyn Heckendorn ( Susan Odom, Chair,
Mary Lou Robinson, Matt Johnston,
Matthew Johnston (Jane Finan, Chair, Tom Urquhart, Ed Miller, Ken Wareham, Sara Lorenz-Kennedy)
Leanne Parker (Dan Mayton, Chair, Beverly Benge, Dave Theissen, Geraldine Tiniacos, Lana Elliott)
Tristan Utschig ( Jeff Matthews, Chair, Victor Kriss, Dave McCullough, Tracy Krause, Craig Steenberg)
Bernice Harris (William Johnson, Chair, Larry Haapanen, Gene Straughan, Tom Koller, Jennifer Redford)
Sue Niewenhous ( Barbara Barnes, Chair, Rhett Diessner, Ray Miller, Laura Nielsen, Delta Heath-Simpson)
Sheila Watkins (Barbara McNeil, Chair, Mary Lou Robinson, Jacob Hornsby, Sarah Tyler, Brian Fonnesbeck
Promotion: Jason Blazzard (Jim Bowen, Chair, Virginia Weber, Verna Studer, Anita Darrington)
Rhonda Combs (Julie DeBuhr, Chair, Sur Gudmunson, Gene Straughan, Tom Mayburry)
David McCullough (Don Heath-Simpson, Chair, Scott Brainard, Jason Blazzard, Timberly Fiskum, Mark Smith)
Vlad Pigin (Scot Brainard, Chair, Dave McCullough, Lynn White, Jason Blazzard, Travis Taylor)
VI. New Business
1. Benevolence Fund: The Benevolence Committee (Jeff Matthews, Sean Cassidy, and Diane Ames) presented their draft proposal for an LCSC Benevolence Fund Committee. There was a motion to approve the proposal as presented. Those present approved the motion. Diana Ames, Lana Elliott, and Carol Nelson were nominated to serve on the Benevolence Committee. The Committee nominees were approved by acclamation.
2. Trip to Boise and Luncheon for Legislators: The tentative dates for the Legislative Luncheon are January 12 – 14, 2004. There is financial support for those who wish to attend the luncheon.
3. Media Contact List: Burt Sahlberg, media coordinator. Press releases to promote the College might include the expertise of faculty promoted or hometown news releases for student awards.
4. Winter Revel: December 12 is the Winter Revel. There is a website available for more information.
5. AAUP Membership: The AAUP is a professional organization, which can represent college and university faculty. This is important for LCSC faculty who are precluded from union membership.
Benefits of AAUP membership:
ü Collective bargaining
ü Faculty governance of curriculum
ü Faculty help with employment
ü Faculty grievance procedure
ü Academic freedom
ü Journal: Academe
ü Faculty Policies
ü Intercede on behalf of faculty with State Board of Education
ü Voice for faculty
ü Payroll deduction available: $68.00 membership fee
6. Support for Human Rights Day: January 19th is Martin Luther King Day with activities planned on campus for January 20th. Motion: Support the Human Rights Day in the amount of $300.00. Motion approved.
VII. The meeting was adjourned at 4:25 PM.
Faculty Association Home | Faculty Senate Home
ADMISSIONS | ALUMNI |
ATHLETICS | CAMPUS LIFE AND DIVERSITY |
LIFELONG LEARNING | WELCOME
TO LCSC | WORKING at LCSC
CALENDAR | NEWS | PEOPLE | SITE MAP | HOME
State College, 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501 (208) 792-5272
Web Site maintained by: firstname.lastname@example.org