Faculty Association 2003-04
Faculty Association Meeting Minutes
August 21, 2003
1. The meeting was called to order at 9:40 a.m. by Chair, Kathie Wilcox.
2. There was a motion to approve the minutes of the Faculty Association meeting of May 8, 2003. The minutes were approved as presented.
3. The chair introduced our new provost, Dr. Anthony Fernandez.
4. Treasury Report: Current balances are: $2600 appropriated funds; $3499.13 donated funds. A motion was made and approved to reimburse the Standing Tenure & Promotion committee for the spring awards.
5. It was announced that revised Constitutional Amendments and policies are now up on the web on both the Faculty Senate and Provost web sites and are available for perusal. These are the policies that were revised by the Administrative Procedures Committee and approved by the Association in May. The chair extended acknowledgement and thanks to the committee members.
6. The Faculty Senate Web site has been revised and updated. Many thanks to Lynne Bidwell for her efforts.
7. Faculty Association membership: The chair announced that payroll deduction slips were available and asked all faculty to consider donation to the Faculty Association.
8. The chair reported that the Idaho Council of Higher Education (ICHEF) has met, and issues that will be considered in 2003-2004 will be faculty salaries, tenure, and educational freedom.
9. Benevolence Fund: The classified staff has such a fund. The Faculty Association would like to appoint a committee to consider such a fund for faculty to help our colleagues in the same manner. Diana Ames, Sean Cassidy, and Jeff Matthews volunteered to devise a Benevolence policy. The chair thanked them and Jeff Mathews for offering to chair the committee.
10. Lynne Bidwell, Dave Taylor, Vickie Swift, Lori Ruddell, and Carol Nelson volunteered to serve on the Holiday Event planning committee.
11. Datatel Advisory Committee: This committee will meet the third Tuesday of the month. Gary Mayton volunteered for this committee to represent faculty interests.
12. The chair announced that, due to the new I-Time program, there have been payroll changes for faculty with work-study students. She recommended that faculty familiarize themselves with the new process.
13. The Bookstore has asked that we let students know that our bookstore prices on new books are the same or better than those of Amazon.com.
14. The chair announced that Ken Clark is the new Director of Grants and Contracts and is available to help faculty in writing grants and making the most of opportunities.
15. The dedication of the Activity Center will be on Monday. August 25. Faculty were encouraged to attend. In addition to the Governor, there will be two members of the State Board of Education attending the ceremony. The ceremony should be about 45 minutes in length.
16. Dean Froehlich is online. The chair asked that we let him know of our good wishes.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:05 AM
Faculty Association Home | Faculty Senate Home
ADMISSIONS | ALUMNI |
ATHLETICS | CAMPUS LIFE AND DIVERSITY |
LIFELONG LEARNING | WELCOME
TO LCSC | WORKING at LCSC
CALENDAR | NEWS | PEOPLE | SITE MAP | HOME
State College, 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501 (208) 792-5272
Web Site maintained by: firstname.lastname@example.org