Faculty Association 2003-04
Faculty Association Meeting Minutes
January 15, 2004 (Draft)
LCSC Faculty Association
I. The meeting was called to order by the Chair, Kathie Wilcox at 3:07PM.
II. Introduction of Visitors: Visitors at today’s meeting were President Dene Thomas, Dr. Tony Fernandez
III. The minutes of the Nov. 18, 2003 were approved as corrected. The corrected minutes will be posted on the web.
A. Treasury Report: As of December 31, the balance in the service account was $4135.22. The legislative trip to Boise has not yet been paid from this account. All bills are not yet in, but they should total about $2000.
IV. Old Business
A. Legislative Luncheon: Twelve of our colleagues made the trip to act as advocates for the college with the legislators. There were more legislators and members of the legislative leadership in attendance than in past years, which provided opportunities for good conversations with legislators. LCSC had the largest contingent of faculty in attendance.
B. On January 31 from 10AM to Noon, Representative Mike Mitchell will be at LCSC for a “Coffee Talk.” Faculty who have ideas which would enhance the follow up on these meetings were asked to share them with their Faculty Senate representatives or Kathie Wilcox.
C. The current proposal of the Governor is for a 2 – 2.5% increase in salary of state employees designated as “merit” salary increases.
V. New Business
A. Benevolence Fund / Committee Report – Lana Elliott reporting.
· The Benevolence Fund has been in existence for about a month.
· Donations to individuals have already been made as well as cards and letters sent to faculty and faculty members’ families.
· There is currently about $56.00 left in this account.
· Diane Ames will serve as president for the coming year, with Lana Elliott and Carol Nelson on the committee. These committee members will serve for three years and rotate the presidency among the three.
· Thank you to the thirty-four faculty who are currently making payroll deductions. The Chair thanked all those who responded so immediately to the need.
B. MLK Day: The Lewiston Annual/Idaho Human Rights Day will be celebrated with a candlelight walk from Pioneer Park to LCSC Gym. A program will follow at the gym. On Tuesday from 11:00 AM to 3 PM, LCSC will host speakers and presentations in the SUB. The schedule for these events is on the Intranet.
C. Thinking Through Lunch – Provost Fernandez will address goals of our core curriculum as well as other topics of interest.
VI. Adjournment: 3:30 PM
Faculty Association Home | Faculty Senate Home
ADMISSIONS | ALUMNI |
ATHLETICS | CAMPUS LIFE AND DIVERSITY |
LIFELONG LEARNING | WELCOME
TO LCSC | WORKING at LCSC
CALENDAR | NEWS | PEOPLE | SITE MAP | HOME
State College, 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501 (208) 792-5272
Web Site maintained by: email@example.com