Faculty Association 2004-05
I. Call to Order: The Acting Chair, Kathie Wilcox, called the meeting to order at 4:08 pm.
II. Approval of Minutes of February 22, 2005: Minutes approved as presented.
III. Informational items:
A. Books for Troops: Debi Mundell, representing PSO and CSO
1. Seeking donations of books and magazines to send to troops in Iraq. Particularly appreciate children’s books, coloring books, and colored pencils for distribution to Iraqi children. Shipments will be sent May 13, June 3, June 24, July 22, and August 12. Collection boxes are located in several locations across campus.
A. Study Abroad Program: Steve Bussolini and Rebecca Fromdahl
1. Prompted by a faculty suggestion last year, funding was requested for LCSC to participate in International Studies Abroad (ISA).
2. Students may use financial aid to participate in the program.
3. Hope to have first group of students traveling in spring 2006.
4. Refer those students who are interested to the International Programs Office, or to www.lcsc.edu/admissions/intl/studyabroad.htm
IV. Treasury Report: Balance in the Faculty Service Fund as of 3-31-05 was $3,528
V. Policy revisions approved by Faculty Senate: The acting chair announced that the Faculty Senate has approved revisions of the following:
A. Curricular Policies and Procedures, Policy 2.103, 5.2.1: Addresses the process by which Gen Ed Committee will function.
B. Periodic Performance Review Policy 2.113: Adds annual performance evaluations to review materials.
VI. Old Business:
A. Proposed revision of LCSC Constitution:
1. 1.104, Article IV, Section 3.E.1 and 2: Proposal to change the structure and function of the Gen Ed Committee. Motion made and seconded. Approved by a vote of 35 aye, 10 nay.
2. 1.104, Article IV, Section 5, B and C: Proposal to change the structure and function of the Standing Tenure and Promotion Review Committee. Motion made and seconded. Approved by a vote of 35 aye, 5 nay, 5 abstained.
VII. New Business:
A. Approval of 2005 Graduation List: Faculty may submit changes to Division Chairs, who will forward to the Registrar. The Graduation list was unanimously approved.
B. Election of new members of STPRC and SPRC
C. Election of new members of Hearing Board: Kathie Wilcox nominated Marika Botha. Nomination approved by acclimation.
D. Nominations for rank of Faculty Emeritus: Jann Hill of the Education Division nominated Tom McFarland, faculty member for 23 years; Sue Niewenhous of the Library Division nominated Paul Krause, faculty for 20 years; David McCullough of the T&I Division nominated Bill Streeter, faculty for 24 years; and Marilyn Levine of Social Sciences nominated Richard Moore, faculty for 27 years. All nominations were approved by acclimation.
E. Leanne Parker nominated Susan Odom for the position of Faculty Senate Chair-Elect next year. Approved by acclimation.
VIII. Good of the Order:
A. A note was read from the YWCA of Lewiston-Clarkston, thanking the Faculty Association for its contribution to the Martin Luther King Jr. / Human Rights Day celebration.
B. Financial gifts were approved for the Faculty Webmaster and Secretary in the amounts of $300 and $400 respectively.
IX. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 4:48 pm, immediately followed by the all-campus meeting.
Tracy Flynn, Secretary
Faculty Association web page maintained by: Lynne Bidwell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 208-792-2438.
Faculty Association Home| Faculty Senate Home
ADMISSIONS | ALUMNI |
ATHLETICS | CAMPUS LIFE AND DIVERSITY |
LIFELONG LEARNING | WELCOME
TO LCSC | WORKING at LCSC
CALENDAR | NEWS | PEOPLE | SITE MAP | HOME
State College, 500 8th Avenue, Lewiston, ID 83501 (208) 792-5272
Web Site maintained by: email@example.com