Summer Financial Aid
Thinking about Summer School? Need Financial Aid? It's never too early to check on your eligibility. Summer Semester is considered the trail semester of the award year. This means that your eligibility for Summer depends on what funding you have not used during the previous Fall and/or Spring semester.
If you have loan eligibility remaining, you may want to consider applying for it during Spring Semester, especially if you will not be attending at least 6 credits during Summer. While Pell Grants can be awarded for 1-5 credits (depending on eligibility), a student must be enrolled in at least 6 credits to be eligible to receive a student loan.
Remember, the credits you take during the Summer are counted in all Satisfactory Academic Progress calculations.
Summer dates and reminders:
- The Summer Financial Aid Application will be available beginning April 1 in the Financial Aid Office and at www.lcsc.edu/financialaid.
- Advance Registration is April 10-13, if you are requesting financial aid for the Summer do not turn in your Summer Financial Aid Application until after you have registered for your Summer courses.
- Summer is considered the trail semester of the 2016-2017 Academic Year, this means that you will only be evaluated for any remaining aid you have available.
- You must be registered for at least 6 credits for the Summer semester to be considered for and/or receive loan funding.
- Work-study is available for Summer. If you are interested in working on campus this summer and not taking courses, you should submit your Summer Financial Aid Application as soon as possible after April 1.
- Work-study funding will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until all funding is allocated.