New VA Students to LCSC
Here are the steps for receiving your VA education benefits:
- Apply as a degree-seeking student with the Office of Admission.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov
- Find which application for VA education benefits to complete by determining what Chapter you fall under.
- Log into the VA On-Line Application System (VONAPP) to begin the application process (be sure to include a copy of your member four DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) if you are in the reserves).
- Submit a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the LCSC Veterans Coordinator (this is the letter you receive from the VA that indicates you are eligible to receive VA education benefits). You will typically receive your COE two weeks after applying through VONAPP.
- Send your official military transcripts to LCSC.
- Once you have been admitted be sure to contact Career and Advising Services to register for classes.
- Once you have registered for classes contact the LCSC Veterans Coordinator.
- Post 9/11 (CH 33) recipients must fill out and submit the Enrollment Certification Form to the LCSC Veterans Coordinator when finished registering for classes.
- Read the LCSC Enrollment Policy for Students Receiving VA Education Benefits.
- Check your LCMail often for updates.