New VA Students to LCSC
Here are the steps for receiving your VA education benefits:
- Apply as a degree-seeking student with the Office of Admission.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov
- Find which application for VA education benefits to complete by determining what Chapter you fall under.
- Chapter 30, Chapter 33, and Chapter 1606 veterans will complete Form 22-1990.
- Chapter 33 Transfer of Entitlements and Chapter 35 (spouses and dependents) log into the VA On-Line Application System (VONAPP) to begin the application process.
- Submit a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the LCSC Veterans Coordinator (this is the letter you receive from the VA that indicates you are eligible to receive VA education benefits). You will typically receive your COE two weeks after applying for benefits.
- Chapter 30 and Chapter 33 will need to submit a copy of their DD-214 Member 4.
- Chapter 1606 will need to submit a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Send your official military transcripts to LCSC.
- Once you have been admitted be sure to contact Career and Advising Services to register for classes.
- Once you have registered for classes contact the LCSC Veterans Coordinator.
- You must fill out and submit the Enrollment Certification Form to the LCSC Veterans Coordinator when finished registering for classes.
- Read the LCSC Enrollment Policy for Students Receiving VA Education Benefits.
- Check your LCMail often for updates.