Financial Aid

Transfer/Returning Students

Here are the steps for receiving your VA education benefits:

  1. Apply as a degree-seeking student with the Office of Admission.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at
  3. Complete and submit the VA Transfer Form to the LCSC Veterans Coordinator and The Department of Veterans Affairs:
    • 22-1995 (For all Chapters except CH 35)
    • 22-5495 (For CH 35 recipients only)
    • You can also apply online using the VONAPP.
  4. Submit a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the LCSC Veterans Coordinator.  The COE is a letter you should receive from the VA that shows you are eligible for VA education benefits.
  5. Send your official military transcripts to LCSC.
  6. Once you have been admitted be sure to contact Career and Advising Services to register for classes.
  7. Once you have registered for classes contact the LCSC Veterans Coordinator.
  8. Post 9/11 (CH 33) recipients must fill out and submit the Enrollment Certification Form to the LCSC Veterans Coordinator when finished registering for classes.
  9. Read the LCSC Enrollment Policy for Students Receiving VA Education Benefits.
  10. Check your LCMail often for updates.