search process for benefit eligible positions
Please complete the necessary steps to recruit and hire for all benefit eligible positions.
- Step 1: If this is a new position, a New Position Approval Form will need to be completed before all other forms. If this is not a new position, please proceed.
- Step 2: Complete the Request to Hire and electronically route through for approval.
- Step 3: Once the Request to Hire has been approved, complete the Advertisement Packet and electronically route through for approval. Note: Please consult with HRS if this is a Classified position.
Human Resource Services will then place the advertisement on ApplicantPro and assign the Search Committee Chair with login information. The Search Committee Members are then able to access and update the status of each candidate as they view their application materials in ApplicantPro.
- Step 4: Review Conducting a Lawful Employment Interview and obtain approval from appropriate Dean before completing interviews and bringing candidates to campus.
- Step 5: Contact the appropriate Vice President/Provost/President for approval to make an offer.
- Step 6: Once you have received approval, contact HRS for a background check to be emailed to the candidate or click here to download the form. Human Resource Services will then notify the Search Committee Chair once the background check is complete.
- Step 7: After the candidate has accepted the position, complete the Report of Hire and electronically route to HRS.
Note: In certain instances the search process may be waived. If you wish to waive the process, please submit your justification along with the Recruitment Waiver Request.