LCSC has used INBRE funding to support hardware acquisition and curriculum development to further the study of bioinformatics.
- Acquisition of Hardware
- X-Serve Apple Cluster that acts a single monolithic computer with six 64-bit processors.
- BioTeam’s iNquiry Bioinformatics package is hosted on this cluster.
- Three dual processor Power Mac G5’s
- With the X-Grid tied to Darwin, possibility exists for parallel computing
- Bioinformatics integrated across disciplines and in multiple course levels.
The INBRE program is supported by NIH Grant Number P20 RR016454 from the INBRE Program of the National Center for Research Resources