Guidelines for Applications
Below are some guidelines to help you in submitting a successful application:
- Activities must relate directly to the educational program in which students are involved. For example, special speakers, student competition in regional and national programs, and field trips related to educational programs are appropriate.
- Application to use Institutional Development funds must be submitted online by the deadline and include: a statement of purpose, details of activities, number of students to be involved, detailed budget, and the methods for evaluating the activity's effectiveness. Please indicate whether participants are faculty members, staff members, students, and/or alumni of the college.
- Funded activities must have prior written approval and be supervised by a full-time LCSC faculty or professional staff member before being undertaken.
- Application is to be made through a faculty or professional staff member. Applications submitted solely by a student, will not be accepted.
- Applications will be assessed by the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Provost, the President of the Associated Student Body, and three of his/her designees.
- The Institutional Development Committee will send an award letter to the appropriate division.
NOTE: Being awarded funds from the Institutional Development Grant does not automatically provide authorization for your trip. Please be sure to complete all necessary travel documentation prior to your trip, and work directly with your division administrative assistant for required documentation for reimbursement.
***The grant does not reimburse anyone (including students) directly for any travel expenses***