Below are some guidelines to help you in submitting a successful application:
- Funds are to be used to pay for activities wherein individual students or groups of students will participate in professional conferences or meetings, participate in field trips, participate in student competitions external to the campus, or will secure special speakers or other guests who provide unique services to the college community.
- Funded activities must include or have direct impact on LCSC students.
- Funds used for professional conferences or meetings, field trips, or student competitions may be used to pay for travel expenses (including lodging, transportation, and meals) as well as registration fees. Funds used for professional conferences or meetings, field trips, or student competitions may not be used for presentation materials or other personal expenses incurred by the travelor(s). Funds may not be used to pay for professional memberships, organizational memberships, or entertainers (other than those who are contracted to offer a scholarly, motivational, or similar talk).
- Funds may be used to pay for faculty or staff member expenses at the discretion of the committee making the awards in a given awarding cycle.
- Application is to be made through a faculty or professional staff member. Applications submitted solely by a student will not be accepted.
NOTE: Being awarded funds from the Institutional Development Grant does not automatically provide authorization for your trip. Please be sure to complete all necessary travel documentation prior to your trip, and work directly with your division administrative assistant for required documentation for reimbursement.
***The grant does not reimburse anyone (including students) directly for any travel expenses***