The Bridge Program is the top level at the Institute of Intensive English (IIE). Upon successful completion of
the Bridge Program,
students fulfill the English language requirement for full admission to LCSC. Admission to the Bridge Program is
available for students who do not meet the English language requirements for direct college admission, but have a
minimum English language score (listed below). This program is intended to help fulfill LCSC English requirements
while earning college credits towards a degree.
English Language Requirements for the Bridge Program
Completion of Advanced band of IIE or a qualifying exam score as listed below:
- 3 Core IIE Classes: English 093, Academic English (grammar and vocabulary), and College and U.S. American Studies.
- Students will enroll in one college class (non-optional) with guidance from an International Student Advisor.
- Students can enroll in more IIE classes with no additional cost upon approval from the Academic Coordinator.
- All students will start on the same date as LCSC college students. The Bridge Program admits students at the beginning of spring, summer, and fall semesters only. This is a semester long program.
- Bridge Program students will attend a one day orientation prior to the start of the semester. Students will register for their college class with an International Student Advisor.
- Additional IIE orientation information provided in the core IIE classes.
- Once students pass onto college, they are required to attend the International College Orientation.
College Admission Requirements from the Bridge Program
- Obtain at least a 3.0 grade point
- No failing classes in pass/fail graded
- At least a C- in all classes graded with
a letter grade
- Students in the Bridge Program will be advised by an International Student Advisor.
- The International Student Advisor will assist students with registration for their college class and guide students through the program.
The Bridge program is the best way to prepare you for college level study at LCSC!