Prepares students for academic studies at U.S. colleges and universities
The Bridge Program
The Bridge Program is the top level at the Institute of Intensive English (IIE). Upon successful completion of the Bridge Program, students fulfill the English language requirement for full admission to LCSC and the University of Idaho.
Admission to the Bridge Program is available for students who do not meet the English language requirements for direct college admission, but have a minimum English language score (listed below). This program is intended to help fulfill LCSC English requirements while earning college credits towards a degree.
The Bridge Program is also available to qualified "Year Abroad in Idaho" students or LCSC college students who meet LCSC's English-language admissions requirements but want a semester of intensive academic-English and college preparation.
See the Orientation schedule for Summer 1, 2015
English Language Requirements for the Bridge Program
Completion of Advanced band of IIE or a qualifying exam score as listed below:
- Bridge core classes: Textbook Reading, Lecture Note-taking, College Reading & Writing, Grammar, Research Skills, College Study Skills, Presentation Skills, Academic Vocabulary, and Civics.
- Students will enroll in one college class (non-optional) with guidance from an International Student Advisor.
- Exception for SACM-sponsored students: 6 hours of ESL elective(s) instead of a college class.
- Students can enroll in more IIE classes with no additional cost upon approval from the Academic Coordinator.
- All students will start on the same date as LCSC college students. The Bridge Program admits students at the beginning of spring, summer, and fall semesters only. This is a semester long program.
- Bridge Program students will attend a two day orientation prior to the start of the semester. Students will register for their college class with an International Student Advisor.
- Additional IIE orientation information provided weekly during the first term.
- Once students pass onto college, they are required to attend the International College Orientation.
College Admission Requirements from the Bridge Program
- At least a 3.0 GPA in IIE classes;
- At least a C grade in their college class (unless SACM-sponsored).
- Students in the Bridge Program will be advised by an International Student Advisor.
- The International Student Advisor will assist students with registration for their college class and guide students through the program.
Chat with a representative now!